Chapter 8 - Alleyway

CHAPTER 8

Of all the days I hated my alarm clock, today was the one I loathed it most. I regret running away from Jake yesterday, because I remember his rules. The rules of which he has beaten into me for years.

Rule 1: Tell no one

Rule 2: You deserve what you get, if you run, you pay

Rule 3: Don’t talk back, or fight back, and obey.

Rule 4: If any friends are caught helping you, you will have to watch them get beaten too.

If I disobeyed any of these rules, I have to suffer the consequences. And frequently, I did. I rolled out of bed and walked to the kitchen. I poured out some lucky charms and met Tristan at the table. I don’t think he got much sleep, as he had big dark circles under his eyes, and his eyes were red and puffy. He was staring down at his bowl but not eating any.

“Morning Tris” I said, as I put down my bowl.

“Morning” He mumbled back, mixing his spoon around the bowl, but not picking any up with it.

“Hey, what’s up?” I asked, my voice full of concern. He shook his head, and looked up to face me.

“Am I not good enough?” He asked me.

“What do you mean Tris? Good enough for what?” I asked, confused.

“Bianca! She cheated on me again! That’s twice this month!” He said.

“Tris, you can’t go on like this, she’s tearing you apart!” I said. He shook his head and walked out of the room. I can’t let this happen to him time and time again. I walk back into my room to get ready for school. I wash my face and brush my teeth. Then I put on a tiny amount of concealer and foundation, and eyeliner on my top lid with a tiny coat of mascara. I put of my school uniform and grabbed my bag and shoes. I walked to the door and put on my shoes, and walked out the door. While I was living back at the adoption centre, Jake lived just down the road, and would torment me on the way to school, seen as I had no choice but to walk. But now, he doesn’t know where I live, only up until my road, not that they know it’s my road. I walked for about 5 minutes, until I came to about the half-way point on my journey. I saw a particular group of people I wish I hadn’t. I quickly turned around and walked in the other direction, in the hope that they wouldn’t see me. But no, I don’t know what karma thinks I’ve done, but he’s definitely not on my side right now. I felt I yank on my shoulder, causing me to stumble backwards.

“What a surprise to see you here” Jake said, stepping towards me, and I took a step back. He took another step, as did I. He grabbed my shoulders and pulled me towards him.

“You ran away yesterday” He stated simply. I nodded, looking down at the floor.

“So you broke one of the rules.” He said. I nodded.

“So you’re going to pay.” He said. I hesitated, before nodding again. I felt a burning sensation on my cheek, sending my head to the side.

A stabbing pain in my stomach.

No. I kept pushing down my anger. I can’t lash out now.

A searing pain in my jaw.

No, stop!

A kick to the shin.

STOP.

A tight grip on my hair and a punch to my cheek.

“STOP!” I screamed, and kneed him where I knew it would hurt, then the shin. Shit. That was not the best of ideas. I’ve got to get to school. I pegged it in the direction of the gates of hell as fast as I could, knowing they’d be right behind me. I ran for maybe 2 minutes until got there. I pegged it into my class right on time and took my seat. Finally, I’m safe. Jake’s friends, Dylan and Sam, entered just a few seconds later, sending me glares and death looks before taking their seats the opposite side of the class. Then I realised something. This is Chemistry. Jake sits by me in Chemistry. I felt my face pale as he walked into the room. He walked over, smirking, but limping slightly. He took his place next to me.

“Nice one, bitch. After school, in the alleyway round the back of school. Lou will be in your last class to get you there. No getting out of it this time, love.” He whispered in my ear, sending shivers down my spine, but not the good kind. I hope the boys aren’t home for a while tonight.

----------------------------------------------------------AFTER SCHOOL-----------------------------------------------------------

“Let’s go” Lou said, grabbing my upper arm and marching me out of school. I can’t do this, but I have to. It’ll only be worse if I don’t. After a painful walk around the back of the school towards the alleyway, we were finally met by Chris, Sam, Dylan and James. But no Jake.

“Jake had emergency rugby practice, so looks like we’ve got you all to ourselves.” Chris said, smirking. I relieved that Jake isn’t here, one less pair of fists. But I’m sure they’ll make up for it. They begin with a punch to the jaw, as Dylan and Lou hold me still. I’m not going into detail of it continued.

After some time, Chris grabbed me and pushed me against the wall, banging my head against the cold, hard brick. I could feel the blackness coming, my eyelids were getting heavy.

“GET OFF HER” I heard someone scream. I don’t have time to register who it is, as footsteps coming pounding towards us, and Chris was ripped off me, and then it all went black.

Heyy guys :)

Oooohh, who was it? One clue, more than one person but more than 4 people. Dun dun DUUUUUUUUUUNNNN

Also, I’ll probably update every other day from now on because I just don’t have much time.

byeeeeeeeeeee –Alex :)