Birk Balthazar

Birk Balthazar was born in January in the Kingdom of Freezenburg with red hair and blue eyes. As a child he developed a love for sailing, and this quickly became his career when having entered adulthood. At 18, Birk set out on his first solo sail and travelled to the Kingdom of Avalor where he would meet 16-year-old Miranda Cordova. After they're meeting, Birk requested to have his homeport in Avalor, having fallen for Miranda.

Birk and Miranda were quick to become engaged, and when Miranda was 18, the two married at a small church in the centre of Avalor. The same day, Miranda informed Birk that they were expecting a child. It was a shock for him, as they had not planned on children until at least their mid-twenties, but he was happy nonetheless.

On Birk's 21st birthday, his daughter was born who he would later name Sofia. Birk and Miranda had planned on another child the following year but just after Sofia's first birthday the baby was unfortunately a stillborn. This devastated the couple and the event would mark the beginning of the two tearing apart.

As the year progressed, Miranda began to love Birk less and less (they had begun to argue frequently and Miranda, even though she knew Birk loved her, couldn't handle it anymore and couldn't let Sofia be raised in that type of situation) which resulted in divorce when Sofia was nearing her third birthday.

Birk's homeport was switched to Enchancia, as they needed more trading ships, and, reluctantly, Miranda made the choice to move with Sofia to Enchancia, following Birk so that Sofia would be able to see her father on a frequent basis.

Whilst in Enchancia, Birk met another family with a young daughter. They were the Turner family and they too would be staying in Enchancia for the next year. Birk was promoted to ship Captain and quickly became friends with Captain Daniel Turner.

On his 25th birthday, and Sofia's 4th, he took his daughter to shallow waters to teach her how to sail. This was the last day he would see her for a while, as he was going to embark on a trip around the world taking trades from Enchancia.

Only days after his and his daughter's birthday, after he set sail, his ship was caught in a rough storm. He sacrificed his life saving others underwater before himself and his heroism unfortunately led to his early death. He continued to love Sofia and even Miranda until the very end.

Image Credit: @ suirenshinju on Tumblr