012

who: a schoolmate of mine
when: grade 10

•••

dear s,

honestly, i never expected you to know me. i know that our school is small and almost everyone knows everyone, but i looked at you as one of the cool but chill people. i was so shocked when you said my name.

our first interaction was through chat and after that, we started to talk often. i was too shy to speak to you at school, especially when i slowly started to have feelings for you.

you were just so smart, friendly, and you weren't afraid to speak your mind.

when you messaged me if you could borrow my uniform, i felt very giggly (?) because i know that this was the farthest i could go with you (if that makes sense). throughout your class' performance, i was smiling because you were wearing my uniform and you looked so cute in it due to my uniform being 3x bigger than your petite body.

when you told me that you were going to go to my house to drop my uniform, i was so excited that i waited for you for nearly two hours. when you finally came, i gave you a little token of appreciation from my trip in korea and i nearly died when you pulled me into a hug and called me cute.

after some time, i felt confused and conflicted with my feelings towards you because i know that it won't last long due to the fact that you were going to college and that i was transferring schools, so i wrote you a letter. in that letter, i poured out all of my feelings and signed it anonymously and my feelings for you faded after some time.

up to this day, you don't know that it was me who wrote you that letter and i even don't know if you got the letter, but either way, i'm glad that we became friends and i'm really happy to see that you're thriving in your dream school. study hard and visit soon!

sincerely yours,
annie