03

PARTY

Mina pulled up to Hana's house at 8:21, not caring that they were late to Hoseok's party. Mina had barely even tried to look nice, and she tried her best not to let Hana see. Mina called Hana and Hana came bounding out of the little condo building with her clutch in one hand and shoes in another.

Mina laughed at how stupid Hana looked, but she honestly enjoyed having someone around.

Hana slid into the passenger's seat and clicked her seatbelt. "Wait, wait, wait," She panted, "let me see what you're wearing." Hana turned to to survey Mina's outfit. Mina uncomfortably shifted her eyes out of the window. She fiddled with the rubber band around her left ring finger.

"Mina! You can't go looking like this! You look like some kid gave you $16 to run around a Walmart and find party clothes."

Mina groaned. "We're only gonna be there for an hour anyway, why does it matter?"

Hana moved to face forward, frustrated. "You said you were going to try and be social again. This is not trying. This is 'annoyed teenager goes to repass.'"

Mina looked out the windshield and took in the view. Seoul's infrastructure dotted the landscape, but from Hana's apartment complex it felt like Mina was looking down at a world in a snow globe.

"Mina. Get inside, we gotta fix you." Hana threw her shoes into the backseat.

Mina became alarmed. "Don't fucking scratch my leather with your fake-ass Louboutins!"

Hana popped the passenger's door open. "I'll do it if you don't come with me right now."

Mina had no choice but to follow her secretary to her apartment. She chose to come to this party, and she had to look the part to blend in. 

They arrived fashionably late. Mina was fitted with a navy gown and drop earrings. Her hair was half-up and half-down, curled. Her makeup was minimal, just gloss on the lips and some sparkle on the eyelids. 

Hana, on the other hand, decided to go a bit bolder. Homegirl was clad in a dramatic two-piece. Her skirt had a 2-foot train and was dramatically layered with tulle. Her top was something you would see in Victoria's Secret. It wasn't exactly lingerie, but it was lingerie. Her hair was all down, she let her bangs fall just above her eyes. Her eyes were smoky, a pleasing result to Hana as she spent almost an hour on them.

Both of them were very late but made up for it in terms of appearance. They definitely caught the eyes of the valet who parked Mina's Land Rover, the security guard who asked for their invitation, and the girl who was serving tiny little crackers with crab and some type of slathered cheese smashed together.

Mina felt uncomfortable, sure, but she also lived for the vibe that Hana and her gave off. It felt... empowering to her. Mina strutted through the living room (one, secretly appalled that someone would host a party like this in their house, two, that nobody took their shoes off) with her high heels giving her 3" of more vertical advantage. Hana hung loosely to her side. Hana was definitely enjoying the winks she threw out to all the guys watching them—not that she was interested in guys that much anyway.

It was Lunar New Year and the house was decorated accordingly. Mina enjoyed the walls more than tacky lanterns and fake paper copies of geishas that hid them.