~Forty-Four~

~I Want An Divorce~

Tiffani Lewis

"I can't believe that bitch"I shook my head while on the phone with Ashlee. She just told me that Mya told her she had sex with Franko and now she's pregnant. What the hell is wrong with this man? Now he have 5 kids. Laura and Mya babies will be double kin. Cousins and siblings. So weird to me.

"That's so nasty tiff, I knew she wanted Franko from the jump" Ashlee spoke.

"I don't care anymore though. I have Damon Ashlee and my baby girl is on the way. I'm happy"I smiled.

"But you and Franko are still married. What you gone do about that?"Ashlee ask.

"Once I have Davina, I will go back to California and file for a divorce"I said.

"What if he don't want to?"

"I don't know. I don't know what to do if he don't want to"I sniffle.

"I'm sorry tiff for getting you worked up. Ima call you back later on"

"It's okay girl. Talk to you later"I hung up the phone and sigh heavily. "God help me"

"Help you with what?"Damon walk in the room.

"With the divorce shit. He's not gone give me up"I said.

"He will. I promise he will"Damon said.

"Ashlee told me he have another baby on the way"I said.

"With who?"Damon ask.

"Mya"I rolled my eyes. "I knew she wanted him"

"Don't think about it. Let him live his life for now"Damon said.

"What you mean for now?"I chuckle.

"If he don't give me my 30 million dollars. I'm going to kill him"Damon said picking at his nails.

"That's disgusting"I laugh.

"It was dirty"he laugh then wrap his arms around my waist. "I promise this all will work out fine"

"How do you know? You don't know how Franko......"

"I knew Franko longer then you. I know how he is"Damon said.

"I guess your right"I said.

"He have 4 months till live"Damon unwrap his arms and walk out the room. I need to hire a lawyer.

~Later~

"Is Michael here?"I ask the lady at the front desk. 

"He should be our. Give him at least 5 minutes"she smiled. I nodded my head and sat down. I was looking around his office then down at my phone.

Finally Michael came out his office with another man. "Thank you Michael, it's been a real pleasure"they both shook hands. The man walked away while Michael just stood there. He then look at me and smiled. "Hi Tiffani. Ready for the meeting?"he ask.

"Yes sir"I got up slowly rubbing my stomach.

"Let me guess. Your having a girl"Michael smiled.

"How'd you know?"I smiled.

"The way your stomach is sitting and your wearing pink"he said closing the door.

"Pink my favorite color"I giggle.

"So what brought you in?"He ask.

"Well, I'm married"I said. "But I'm living with the love of my life while my husband is back in California. I want an divorce"

"So your ex is back in California but you are in Texas asking for a divorce"Michael said.

"Yes. Please help me out"I said.

"Was he a good guy?"Michael ask.

"No. He was so abusive to me"I wipe my eyes. "He use to beat me, sometimes rape me if I didn't want to have sex, and made me feel useless. But Damon is so much better"I said.

"Damon Richmond. I didn't know you was Damon's girl"Michael smile. "I'll help you out"

"Really"I smiled so wide"

"Yeah. They call it Residency Requirements. You do not have to go back to the state that issued your marriage license. Instead, you can only file in the state where you or your spouse meet the residency requirement. Before a court will hear a case, one of the spouses must be able to meet the residency requirement. Each state has a different requirement regarding the length of time that a spouse must have lived there before he or she can get a divorce in the state"—"Be prepared to provide evidence that you or your spouse meets the residency requirement by being able to present the court with a driver's license, voter registration card or lease. If you or your spouse just moved to a new state, you will have to wait until you can meet the residency requirement or you must file in the state where one of you can fulfill the residency requirement"

That seems like a lot of work. "Thank you Michael. I really appreciate it"

"Call me when you ready for this"Michael said. I got up from the chair slowly with the help from Michael.

"I will"