~ Thirty ~

~ Leaving Cali And Never Coming Back ~

Tiffani Lewis

The suite was so quiet. Damon didn't want to talk at all. All he wanted to do was play his game, test on his phone, and listen to music. That's his way on letting shit go. He killed a man and shot Franko foot. But why the cops didn't come looking for him. That's what I want to know.

I was on my phone playing candy crush while rubbing my feet. It was relaxing till I got a text from Franko. "Shit"I mumble. I sigh heavily and got up from bed. I went to the living room. I look back at the text and then back at the room where Damon was.

Franko- Do you still love me? Yes or no

Me- no. I'm in love with Damon. Can we get a divorce?

It took a while for him to text me back. I waited and waited for 10 minutes till finally.

Franko- hell no. You still my woman. I don't care that your with Damon ass

Me- what if I want to marry Damon one day

Franko- you ain't. Period

That was it. I didn't text him back. I left him on read. Better yet. I deleted his number. I want to marry someone who cares for me.
Who loves me. Who will love my daughter. Damon is the right one. He have his mood swings as well but that's Damon. He's a kingpin. He don't have to worry about foolishness like this.

"Why you in here?"Damon ask while settling his phone on the counter. He open the fridge grabbing a drink.

"Just wanted to be in here"I smiled.

"Stop lying. You a bad liar"Damon laugh.

"I want to divorce Franko Damon"I mumble. "But he don't want to"

"He still wants to be married to you"Damon shook his head. "I'll kill him for you"

"No"I shook my head no. "No more killing Damon"

"I understand baby. But I'm doing this for us and our baby. We won't be able to live happy if he's still around bothering the fuck out of you and stressing you out"Damon said.

"And my mother"I held my stomach. "She don't know that I'm pregnant Damon. I have to tell her"

"We leave tonight. You could do it now or later"Damon said. I nod my head grabbing the keys.

"Are you coming?"I ask.

"Want me to?"he grabbed my waist kissing my neck making me moan. "Like that huh"

"Damon"I laugh. "Come on"

"Alright. Let's go see grandma"Damon rubbed my belly. I push his hands away making him smack his lips.

Later ~Mom's House~

I pulled up to my mothers house looking at how much it done change

I pulled up to my mothers house looking at how much it done change. My father must of garden it and made it look more prettier.

"I never met your father"Damon said. "He white?"Damon stared at my father. Sometimes I wish my mom new husband was my father.
That's why I call him father. My real father who died when I was 5 wasn't a very nice man. "Babe?"

"He's not really my father Damon. My father passed away when I was 5"I sniffle. "He wasn't a good man"

"What he did to you?"damon ask.

"He use to beat my mother up like she was a rag doll. Then he would......"I stop thinking about what my father did to my mother when they came home from a party. "He rape her in front of me. He never laid a hand on me but would always fuss at me"—"He wasn't rich. He was a poor man when my momma met him and he was poor when he left us"

"Is that why she told you to marry Franko ass?"Damon ask.

"She push me to the edge to marry him cause he was rich, he had it all, and I would believe she wanted him but no. She just didn't want me to be like her and marry a broke ass nigga like my father"

"Well. Let's get this over with"Damon said hoping out the car. I turn the car off and hop out as well. I lock the car door and walk to the front porch where my step father was.

"Oh. My. God"he stood up so quick. "I can't believe it's you"he smiled so wide. He came up to me hugging me tightly. "And I feel a beach ball"he felt on my stomach. "I'm having a grand baby!"he jump for joy. I laugh at how excited he was. "Let me guess. Not for Franko"

"No"I shook my head no.

He sigh then smiled at me. "As long as your happy kiddo"

"Thanks papa"I hugged him again. "Where's momma?"

"Inside"he pointed to the door. "Come here son. You come talk to me" Damon looked at me and nodded his head.

"Sure"Damon sat down next to my step dad. I walked in the house hearing music playing. She's in her mood. I walked in the kitchen smelling the food.

"Tiff. Is that you?"I heard her voice. I turn to her and smiled.

"Hi mommy"I said with tears rolling down my eyes. I ran up to her and hugged her tightly. She held me never letting me go.

"God I miss you"she cried.

I miss her too.