The Shadow Under my Bed

Underneath my bed, it lays peeking it's head under the dim lamp light. I smiled at him but it only cocks it's head to the side. It's face black ; no nose, no lips, no eyes. Just it's dark outlines.

I move closer to the end of the bed peering as it peeks. It listens and hears as I go on about my problems but has already read my mind before I had said a word.

It nodded agreeing.

As the lamp start to flicker, it gets less shy. Two white holes form on it's head while an oval near the end of it's jaw.

It's eyes and mouth paralyzing, leaving me hypnotized close to madness.

It's nails long and creepy, movements faster quickly catching on. Comfortable I lay against the board of my bed watching it move farther under the bed.

It tells me about how, hesitantly his parents takes the forms of the people I loved at night.

I read his mind before he spoke.

My smiles comes up unmistakably creepy and inexplicable ... just like it. The look of a murderer, the look of a devil - exciting all of my bones.

The shadow under my bed became thinner as I spilled my guts. Everything coming dark... it's fading.

The sun peaking from the cheap battered windows squinting my eyes noticing it had gone away.

There is a shadow under my bed that comes out at night and it's my best friend.