Part 2 - (Riku's POV)

"So why'd you move schools?" Sora asked her as we sat down.

"My parents moved to Traverse Town, but there's no school there. This island is closer than Twilight Town, so they sent me here," Kirina replied quickly as if she was not being entirely truthful. I asked her if she knew Seifer and his gang. He apparently got expelled from a school Twilight Town, and perhaps she would know them. Even better if they were old friends, she might hang out with them instead of us. "Oh, no. They come here?" she shuddered, looking absolutely horrified. Sora gave me a disappointed look, which stung. It also wasn't fair – she would have found out they did sooner or later. Sora tried to reassure her.

"They do, but they don't usually mess with us, not since Riku whipped their butts in a struggle match. Seifer's scared of him. You should've seen the struggle – Riku was amazing!" I couldn't help but smile. Only Sora's complements ever made me feel any bit of pride or happiness. Sora continued, "Have they hurt you before?"

"No, but they were renowned bullies back at my old school. One can't help but to shiver at their names," she explained. She didn't meet our eyes. I suspected she was lying again, but I didn't know why she would or what about. Sora just nodded understandingly.

"Hey guys!" Kairi exclaimed cheerily as she came around the corner. Not having seen Kirina yet, she moved to sit in her normal seat next. That's when she noticed the new girl, who was seated in her place. "Oh, hi..." she awkwardly greeted her as she came around and took a seat next to me. She had a forced smile on her face. It was clear to me she was confused and disappointed. This was the first time in almost a year she hadn't sat there, cuddled up next to Sora. "Are you new?" she asked Kirina.

"Yeah, my name is Kirina. You are?" Kairi looked upset that Sora hadn't said anything about her to this new girl yet.

"This is Kairi, she's my friend. Probably should've mentioned her before," Sora mumbled. He paused a moment then asked Kirina to move over. She reluctantly did, and he slid over too. He patted the seat next to him, signalling for Kairi to come over and sit next to him. Her face was extremely red as she hastily did so. Kirina was irritated at this. I don't think neither Kairi nor myself had had a good first impression of her. She was so obsessed with Sora, which I could understand, but she was also unimpressed and unconcerned with us.

"Compare time tables, Sora?" Kirina asked. Sora smiled and obliged. "No way! Nearly all our classes are the same!" She tugged at his sleeve excitedly, smiling radiantly. "Can you show me around the school on the way to our next lesson? Please, Sora!" Sora was rarely one to say no to a friend, and Kirina's excitement guaranteed a yes. The bell rang soon after. Sora and Kirina left speedily as to have time to explore and tour the school together. Kairi and I hung back.

"No new kid has ever been good news at this school. I don't like her already," I confessed to her as soon as the others were out of earshot.

"I know, I feel the same, but let's give her thebenefit of the doubt, 'kay? She might not stick around, or might turn out to benice. It may be hard for you, Riku, but just... Try and think positively." Iwasn't much of an optimist or anywhere near hopeful, but Kairi's word madesense. I agreed that it was too early to judge.