Playing Cupid

Arcanus was uncharacteristically empty. The large men that normally guarded the doors were absent. Andy was standing behind the bar, mixing drinks and enjoying the quiet. His eyes followed Draco as he paced the floor.

"I'm not sure this is a good idea," Draco muttered.

"It's fine," Andy said dismissively. "You want this." He set a tumbler containing an amber liquid on the counter and gestured for Draco to take it.

"Care to explain what we are doing in an empty club?" Severus asked, looking bored and a bit annoyed.

"We're going to work some magic," Andy said with a grin. He sighed happily. "I really amaze myself sometimes. I should do this more often."

Harry snorted in amusement. "Do what?" he asked.

"Play cupid," Andy replied.

"Merlin help us," Severus groaned tossing back his shot of firewhiskey.

Andy smirked and then looked at Harry and Draco with a conspiratorial wink. "Sounds like Snape needs to be my next target," he said in a loud whisper. He laughed at the glare Severus shot at him. "They should be here any minute," Andy said, rubbing his hands together briskly. "Everyone looks great," he added, eyeing the three other men critically.

Draco and Harry were wearing white collared shirts, black slacks and black ties. Severus was wearing the same ensemble, but he had abandoned the tie almost the second they walked into the club. Andy was wearing khaki colored slacks and a light blue polo shirt. "Tell me again why this is necessary," Harry said, tugging at the collar of his shirt uncomfortably. "Couldn't I wear something like that?" He gestured to Andy's shirt, eyeing it jealously.

"You'll thank me for this," Andy assured him with a smile. He turned to face the door as he felt his wards being removed. "Here we go," he muttered to himself.

Hermione and Ginny entered the club with the Freeman sisters, feeling a little nervous. Andy had instructed everyone to dress up for the occasion, but refused to tell them what the occasion was.

Hermione felt incredibly self-conscious. This time, Jenna had selected Hermione's attire. Hermione was now wearing a glittering dark blue dress that clung to her body. The wide V-neck didn't show much cleavage but that didn't give her a lot comfort. The fabric hugged her hips gently before flaring out slightly and stopping just above her knees. She tugged absently at the narrow straps, wishing she could cover up with her teaching robes. Her hair was swept up in an elegant chignon, courtesy of Jenna. Luckily she had the foresight to cast a cushioning charm on her high heels. She had the feeling that it was going to be a long evening.

Caroline looked amazing in a long satin dress with an empire waistline. The flowing, light blue fabric did little to hide her curvy frame. Samantha wore the same dress in a pale pink that was very striking against her dark skin, while Jenna's dress was dark green.

Ginny squealed as Harry scooped her up into his arms and spun her around in a circle before setting her back down. His eyes roamed her body, as if trying to memorize every detail. Her slim form was encased in lavender fabric. The dress had a plunging V-neck and it clung to her body. She twirled around for him, loving the way the fabric swirled around her legs. "You look amazing," Harry said softly to her.

She grinned, her excitement shining in her eyes. "Thank you," she replied. "When do we find out what's going on?" she asked, smoothing his tie with her hands.

"Malfoy wanted to surprise Caroline," Harry said, smiling. "I can't say anymore though."

"That doesn't explain why I have to walk around only half-way dressed," Hermione grumbled, moving to Ginny's side.