Chapter Five- Cleanup

Reiner and Bertholdt pushed the bookshelf back onto the wall as Annie stacked the last of Armin's things in garbage bags to put on the curb. "That's the last of it, thankfully." Annie remarked as she threw the bag towards the other bags and boxes of books. "You know," said Reiner, "we could have a bonfire," as he gestured not-so-subtley towards the books. "Destruction of property, Reiner," Bertholdt warned. "He's right. Lets just load the bags in your truck, Reiner, and bring them to the thrift store. Bertl, if you'll help me load up my car, we'll get the books to the library."
After the cars were loaded, Bertholdt stood in front of Annie's car door.
"Are you sure about this?"
"Of course, he's always going on about educating the masses. I'm helping him."
"I mean, you could actually just return them to him. He's a frail as anything, just chuck a book with more than a chapter in it and it'll just break him."
"I've thought that through. The woman he's with would try to kill me. She already cut my nose."
"Well, you've got some to spare."
Annie glared.
"Watch your mouth, Hoover, or you'll be the one with the broken bones."
Annie jerked the car door open, shoving Bertholdt. She drove off to the library, and Reiner waltzed over to Bertholdt.
"You're in trouble. Got called 'Hoover,'"
"My fault, I made fun of her nose."
"You're dead, buddy. Good luck."