Three

"It is old, but it holds up pretty well." Connor said as he held the door open for me.

This mansion was beautiful. It was, in fact, too big for one person.

Connor gave me a little tour of his home- all the way to the kitchen, living room, dining area, and bedrooms.

He showed me my room, which was upstairs. It was a big red bed, and there were some Native American tribe things sitting on the dresser, and hanging above the fireplace. But it was beautiful. I admired how he put a bit of his culture into the house.

"I will let you rest now, Miss- I mean, Eleanor ." Connor said. "Goodnight." He walked out and shut my door.

I locked it just to be safe. I didn't want him coming in here while I slept.

I was so exhausted from today. It was the craziest day of my life. Just this morning I was scrubbing floors. Now I'm staying at a manor, with a man I just met.

Oh shoot. I left my bag in the forest. I don't have a nightgown. Oh well...

I lied in bed, staring at the ceiling until I fell asleep.

I ran through the woods as fast as I could, the Native close behind.

My heart was pounding out of my chest. I couldn't outrun him. He was too fast.

He tackled me to the ground. He turned me around on my back, holding my arms above my head.

He crouched with his knees on each side of me on the ground. I tried to pull my arms away from his strong grip. He held them tighter.

He looked at me in the eyes. His dark hazel eyes filled with lust.

He began biting my neck. I cried out in fear, but that only made him squeeze my arms tighter.

He then only held both my arms with one hand, the other hand trailing down my chest to my stomach. He began to undo my dress from the front.

I cried and cried, begging for him to stop. He didn't.

I couldn't wiggle my arms free. He began to kiss from under my jaw down to my collar bone. I let out a soft moan.

"Connor, stop. Stop! Now!" I yelled. The Native only continued.

I jerked awake and screamed. That was Conor in my dream. After that, I didn't trust him at all anymore.

I heard quick footsteps on the stairs. "Are you alright?" It was Connor.

I didn't answer, still scared out of my mind.

"Eleanor ?!" Connor said louder. I heard him try to turn the doorknob. It was locked so he couldn't get in. He started to bang on the door.

I didn't answer again. I had better answer before he breaks the door down.

"I'm fine, Connor." I said, still sitting up in bed.

"What happened?" He said through the door.

"It was a dream..." I said, looking out the window. It was still dark.

"Are you okay? Do you want to talk about it? It may help."

"No,I'm fine." I said, sounding a bit annoyed.

Connor didn't say anything, but walked back down the stairs.

I lay back down on the soft bed. I don't understand. Connor seems so kind but so mysterious. Should I trust him? I closed my eyes and finally fell back asleep.