Six

3 and a half months later.

This child is beginning to grow. My stomach has slightly gotten bigger and round. I was starting to look odd and I didn't like it. I couldn't bend over very much without getting the breath taken away from me.

Connor should be back any minute now. I practice how I was going to tell him. But then I realized I don't have to tell him. My appearance says everything. Prudence is now 6 months, and she said my stomach is bigger than hers when she was just 3 months.

I didn't know what this could mean- maybe a big baby?

I would get a slight stabbing pain in the middle of my stomach every once in a while. I asked Prudence if it was normal. She said it even happened to her as well.

I'm not ready to be a mother. Connor would be a great father, though him being an assassin might be a problem.

I'd cry almost every night. I did not want this baby. I eventually would try to talk to myself about the good things this baby may bring. I soon grew positive about this- and hopefully Connor will be happy about our child.

I heard knocking at my door. I slowly sat up from the armchair and waddled towards the door.

I opened it and to my surprise it was Myriam. "Connor is back! You can tell him the news now."

My legs grew weak. I got so nervous. You can do this. You don't even have to say anything. Just stand in front of him.

I walked over to where Connor parked the Aquila with Myriam.

So far I couldn't see Connor. But then I felt arms around me from behind. I recognized these strong arms. Connor.

"I have missed you." He kissed my neck. "How are you?" He asked, arms around my chest.

I took both of his arms and slowly slid them down to my stomach, making his hands cup my rounded belly. He immediately pulled away.

I turned around to face Connor. He was shocked... or something. I couldn't really read him.

"No..." he said, looking down at my stomach. He backed slightly away from me.

"Connor... I'm with child...!" I said, trying to sound joyful.

Good thing no one was around us to witness what was happening.

"No." He covered his face with both his hands. "How did this happen?"

"Do I have to explain it Connor?" I asked, grinning.

"No, I know how it happened. I just cannot believe it. This is not good." He said.

I walked over to him and put my arms around him. "Everything's going to be alright Connor. You'll be a great father."

"No. You do not understand. I cannot be a father. Not yet. My work with the brotherhood is not finished. I will not have the time for your baby." He said quickly.

"Our baby. You can't take a few days- or even months with our child?"

"I do not know. This is not true. You are not with child... is it even mine?" He asked, looking at me.

"What? Of course Connor! How dare you think of me that way! This is your baby!" He made me furious. My anger caused my stomach to get a sharp pain. I clutched my stomach and bent down slightly. Connor raised me up gently.

"I am sorry. I did not expect any of this." He brought me into a warm embrace.

"Everything will be alright. We'll be alright. You will be a good father." I said.