Her Side

/Flashback/

I used to be one of the boys because my brothers. Not until I met Donny. I met him because of his mom. She was my former teacher way back kindergarten. I always see him in our playground. We usually play together with other kids and eventually became friends.

Donny is one of my best friend, and he's always there for me. Things are normal until we reached college. He became so busy and always surrounded by girls. I hate it especially the girl who's always clinging him. Goodness. That's why I don't talk to him even I want to.

One night,  it was their event where he introduced me to his college friends and one of them is Nash. A Mr. Perfect Guy, with womanizer aura. Kidding.

He's smart,  gentleman and happy to be with just like Donny. He's family-oriented, like Donny. He's always there too,  like Donny.

Until... one day,  Donny's not there.

It was my birthday and I'm freaking excited because I haven't talk and seen him for a long time. He promised he'll come after their vacation. He usually surprise me and bring out my cake on my birthdays. But this time,  it's Nash.

"What are you doing there?" Nash asked.

"He's not picking up. He doesn't reply to my messages. I think,  something happened." Shar said.

"Maybe the signal is not good. Or,  he's rushing to go here. Bulacan is not a kilometer away from South. Or, he forgot." He said and joke.

"Donny is not like that." She said with teary eyes.

"Here you are. Your soft side. That's not the Shar I know who likes to trash talk and to bully me in gaming or hang out." He said, while tucking her hair behind her ear.

"Cause you're such a baby." She spat and chuckled.

"Can you be my baby, too? I know it's not a good time... I mean,  the right way...  I--- I really like you and I want to be there for you,  always. Can you be my girlfriend?"

I was hoping that someone will appear or someone will message or call me. But, he look at me straight to my eyes like the one I know. I see sincerity on his eyes as he said "there for you, always." like I heard before.

"I'm really sorry, Shar. I missed your birthday. I was about to go there, but someone called me and I have no choice I need---" Donny said, as soon as we see each other.

"Nash is courting me." Shar said.

"WHAT? WHEN?" He asked.

"He likes me and we're really good friends.  You know him." She said.

"I thought you like girls." He joked.

"He's serious." She spat.

"It's not that I don't like him but I want you to be with the one you love. And I love----" Her was explaining until he's phone rings and he felt rush to go.

"Shar. I honestly would like to have time for you. But I need to go. Let's meet again, okay?" He said and give me a hug. I hugged him a little bit longer. Then let him go.

"Donny... I miss you. Please don't go... I love you." She whispered while looking at him going away.

She wanted to propose to him. Despite her feelings for him,  she valued her friendship with him and answered Nash.

They had 3 good-year-relationship. She likes him, but feels like there is something's missing. He's really a good boyfriend not until he's childhood crush entered the picture. That's one of the reasons why they didn't last.

She realized, despite being with someone, nothing beats the times, the feelings,  the happiness she always have with her best friend.

With Donny.