Chapter 2

Brian's POV

The door opened to a smaller boy with black dreads in the school uniform. "Hey. I'm guessing you're... Jeordie, right?" I asked with interest. He looks like my type of person.

He timidly looked up at my face, since I'm quite a bit taller than him. "Uh. Yeah... I'm guessing you're my new roommate?" He asked quietly and stepped aside, so I could enter.

I looked around at the big room as I walked in. "You guessed correctly, dude." I smirked and flopped down on the bed that had a couple sets of uniforms and a paper on it.

I set my suitcase on the other side of the bed and pick up the piece of paper. "That's your schedule." The frail Jeordie said as he sat back in his bed with a book. I don't answer back and keep looking at the schedule.

English III > 8:30 AM - 9:30 AM

~~~

Bible Study > 9:40 AM - 11:10 AM

~~~

Lunch > 11:15 AM - 11:45 AM

~~~

Pre-Calculus > 12:00 NOON - 1:30 PM

~~~

Enrichment Time > 1:35 PM - 2:30 PM

~~~

History III > 2:40 PM - 3:30 PM

I'm confused about something. "There's no science?" I ask. Maybe it's somehow a misprint.

He snickers. "Christians don't like logical explanations to things."

I bust out laughing. "Oh. You and me are going to get along good." I say in between laughing gasps for air.

"You don't believe either?" He sits up a bit.

"Pfft. Fuck no. It's a bunch of bullshit. The only reason I'm here is because my parents forced me to be here." Just saying that brings back the hard hatred I have for my parents at the moment.

"I agree. And my parents sent me here by force, too." He seemed so happy to have someone else like him here.

I notice he still has the book he was reading in his hand. "What are you reading?" I'm extremely curious now about Jeordie.

He looked down at the paperback. "Oh, it's The Antichrist by Friedrich Nietzsche."

Woah. It looks so cool. "How'd you even get this around here?"

"I brought it here with me." He said with pride in his belonging.

I want to read this. "Can I read this sometime?"

He suspiciously looks at me. "You won't steal it, lose it, or get it taken away?" I can tell he cares about this book. "If so, then you can. I've read it over ten times. Also, the classes are done for the day, so if you want, you can start reading it now."

"I promise. Okay?"

"Okay."