Jump

I'm so alone today.
Nobody won't ever be there for me.
I always feel unwanted.
My parents wouldn't allow me to go outside, make friends and go to school.

I wish to have my own room.
But my parents won't let me...
But they let me stay in the basement instead.
I was so scared.
But there was this young lady,
She's with me in the basement.
She was the scariest creature I've ever witnessed. But who cares? She was with me every moment,daily and nightly.

She laughs so weird.
But I laugh even louder.
I thought of her as my only friend  that would protect me from everything specially my parents because that's what she told me .

She held my hand and covered my eyes, I thought she would surprise me because it's my special day ; The day we met and the day my parents locked me up in the basement.
She removed her hands and I never felt surprised my entire life.  We're at the rooftop unbelievably.

I smiled . "Thank you for giving me the best moment of my life that.. t-that finally.. I'm free." She furrowed her eyebrows so I ask "Why? I-Is there something wrong?"

"I can't be with you anymore."
I didn't think about that. I noticed what she said and suddenly I felt something aching in my chest and felt tears slowly dripping off my dark circled eyes.

"Why" I asked , my voice cracking.

"Because you're alive ...a-and I-Im dead"

I gasped in shock. She wasn't alive all along?? My only best friend who was always there for me....was .. Dead?

My tears started dripping faster than it was a few moments ago." Are there any ways for us to be together ?" Her lips smiles but not the usual smile I see on her lips.

" Are there any ways for us to be together ?" Her lips smiles but not the usual smile I see on her lips

"Ohhh yeesss...There is only one way you could do," She chuckles deeply as she stares directly into my eyes before landing her eyes down the roof.

I'm so desperate to know the condition since she's the only company I ever had.

"Do you see what's down there?" She asked pointing in the direction while her eyes still looking directly at me. I only nod  curious of what's she going to say next.

"You know , It feels nice when you're falling from a high place."

My heart started pounding fast just as she ended the sentence.

"Have you ever tried it before?" She asked smiling the same way she was smiling earlier.

Roof? Fall? ..... So Now I have an idea of how she died. She must be suffering the same way I did .

"Why don't you go ahead and try it?" In that very moment she ended that sentence , I thought my heart was going to explode for how scared I am. I could hardly breath.

"N-no , no I'm sorry I just...Can't "   I cut the connection of our eyes because I was already too scared and it only made her furious and it's the scariest expression I've ever seen.

"I'm sorry Neri....I can't do it..I -Im too young..I -I still want to live-"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN LIVE?!? YOU WERE DISOWNED BY YOUR OWN PARENTS, THEY LOCKED YOU UP IN THE BASEMENT . YOU STILL WANT TO LIVE!?" She screamed at me, her face getting creepier each seconds she's screaming it.

"IS THAT WHAT YOU CALL LIVING?!?! Huh?! LERNIE!? Look,if you do this .. we'll be together- forever!!and...and you can explore the world ,with ME!"

She was right.. I have no more reasons to live.. My parents wouldn't even notice they have a child. Nobody would ever know me as someone . Neri is the only one who's always there...Ever! I...I can be free!

Without hesitation, I said the words that came out suddenly from my mouth. "Okay...okay I'll do it. But I'd like you to do it with me." She gave me a curious look.

"Jump with me..." I hold her cold hand signaling her that I'd be ready to do it .

"I did it once. It wouldn't be bad If I do it twice I guess.." She squeezes my hand tighter , looking at me in the eyes before looking straight down the roof.

1....2.....3
Three counts .. three fucking counts that finally ended my misery and my unhealthy life . I lay there.... In the cold ground, staring at the dark sky while my vision started getting darker and darker.. until all I can see is happiness.

***AIN: THE REASON WHY HER PARENTS LOCKED HER UP THE BASEMENT WAS BECAUSE SHE WAS SUFFERING FROM A VERY RARE MENTAL ILLNESS THAT HER PARENTS GOT SICK OF DEALING WITH WHICH WAS WHY SHE WASNT ALLOWED TO INTERACT WITH ANYONE IN THE WORLD.HEE PARENTS TRIED TO KILL HER BUT INSTEAD, LOCKED HER IN THE BASEMENT

THE BASEMENT WAS ALSO ONCE A TORTURE ROOM IN THE MID 20th CENTURY WHEREIN COUNTLESS INNOCENT PEOPLE WERE TORTURED TO DEATH .