¤6

Mark was visibly becoming weaker, like the moon slowly fading. Alas, Donghyuck knew nothing of his mates fate. That Mark was slowly dying within and wouldnt even stand a year if the birds heat came every two months.

"Mark why wont you even smile?" Donghyuck hugged a tired Mark from behind at the school library.

"Exams are shit thats why. You look beautiful baby bird." Mark turned around smiling making Donghyuck blush.

"Well thank you mate. Oops I promised Daddy I'll help him with the books in his office. I love you." Donghyuck bounced up to kiss the tall vampire on the lips as he practically flew out the room window.

"Leave me son Mark. Or you would meet death sooner than you are destined too." Kun appeared from behind one of the book shelves.

"A minute with him is like 3000 years in Dracula ages. Haha...." Mark sat down with a sigh.

"But I see nothing but bones on you now. Your skin would burn to ashes." Kun being an Oracle smiled but was adamant.

"I love him Kun. I.....Hes a part of my very soul. And please I would prefer my baby not knowing of my fateful fate." Mark whispered and Kun nodded in agreement.

Donghyuck's appearance amazed Jaemin. He looked like he were practically glowing, his silver locks more shiny and lucious like he were the happiest birdie out there singing away. There was something more to Donghyuck. A different shimmer on him. But Jaemin couldnt decifer the reason.

"Now I get why my cousin lost his mind when he saw you." Jaemin sniffed the beautiful boy.

"Oh you must be Na Na. His best friend and closetest cousin." Donghyuck hugged the wolf tightly.

"I like you already. You pass." Jaemin giggled.

"Do you know why Mark looks so sick?" Donghyuck sighed deeply. Jaemin knew he was genuinely upset but it wasnt the wolfs place to unleash sercrets.

"Excessive love making silly. Look at you unable to take three steps straight or flap your wings steadily." Jaemin joked and the bird blushed a dark red bashfully.

"But I was the one who was destroyed. Not him." The bird sat on the table.

"Honey. It works for both. Hush now." The Wolf squished Donghyucks cheeks as Mark stumbled inside the empty classroom.

"Geez Mark you look like shit." Jaemin gasped.

The flawless boys eyes were a shade of dark purple and silver as he walked closer to Donghyuck and sunk his fangs into the boys golden neck. Donghyuck softly gasped but giggled his eyes turning the shade of the burning sun. Jaemin fished out his camera, quickly recording the magical moment.

"Slow down monster baby." Donghyuck bit his lips, the big eye lids shutting as Mark began draining out the bird.

"Woahhhhhh Taeyong needs to see this." Jaemin silently squeaked.

Mark need his energy, the liquid gold spilled from the edge of his thin lips, The bride turning golden as Donghyuck slowly began burning, Marks arm crept under the boys pink shirt as it placed itself on the curve of the waist. The vampires skin blistering as he kept touching his mate.

"M-Minhyung....s-slow down. Ahhh!" Haechan, The Pheonix moaned out when Mark practically drained him out.

"S-Sorry." Mark pulled away licking his lips, his eyes still a dark shade of violet.

"I'm yours. There's nothing to be sorry about love. But drinking too much would only make by baby bat greedy and lets get greedy on bed not in school." Donghyuck giggled hugging Mark tightly. Not hearing Mark whince in pain or the blisters that formed within the vampires flawless body.

That evening Mark stayed under water for more than he should. He was loosing his ability to cure himself, the blistering were increasing but he needed and was hopelessly addicted to Donghyucks blood. The moonlight pierced his soul under the depths if the water but he needed to cool of this body from the heat his mate often gave him. Of course he loved the warmth but Mark was a cold blooded vampire. A count.

"Look what you've done son. You seem to call death closer every minute." Johnny appeared before Mark. His dark robes becoming one with the night sea.

"Without him I'd still die father. Remember when mother got bitten by a cursed wolf? You practically went into a coma. Same here father. We are mates, we are connected, A part of me lives in him just like how a part of him lives in me. Look." Mark pointed at his body, Johnny gasped when he saw the shadow of a bird on one side of his son and a bat on the other.

"But son. You are burning alive. Sooner or later you would die in his flames!! You are my only heir!" The count sighed and his concern was obvious.

"Why didnt you have more children then?" Mark stared at a blister that was slowly fading.

"You are the only son of mine that survived the curelty that lurks behind these walls of our terrioty. Our camp." Johnny smiled at Mark, as he caressed the boys cheek.

"What? I thought mother only had me? Father tell me what you are hiding!!" Mark stood up clearly confused and upset.

"Time and place would tell you the truth. Think wisely. And remember you are all we have. Taeyong might perish into the stars above if you died too." Johnny kissed Marks forehead and disappeared leaving the young vampire to think.

Mark swam to the surface and took in a very deep breath. Looking up at the stars in question. Did he have other brothers before him? That were born an dead before he came to life? Was mother a vampire or a star? Why was Donghyuck his mate? What was his purpose of mating such a legendary bird that gave him life and also would be the reason he dies?

"Baby are you ignoring me?" Donghyucks melodious voice whispered after a few huge flaps in the wind.

"No baby bird. I needed to cool off." Mark whispered swiming towards the surface where his bird landed gracefully.