¤7

Distant. Thats what the bird felt right now. As he watched his vampire dress himself up, Donghyuck pondered over why they werent close anymore. The heat, the flames seemed to have died down between them. But Mark padded towards his bird, lowering himself on the ground as he placed his head on his alomst wifes lap. Donghyuck smiled ever so softly running his stubby warm arms through the Vampires dark hair.

"You smell different." Mark whispered playing with Donghyuck other arm. The ring that bonded them together sitting proudly on his ring finger.

"I do? What do I smell off?" Donghyuck giggled.

"Uhhh you used to smell off warm sunshine and flames. Now you smell more like me." Mark chuckled up at the gorgeous boy who winked at him and grinned.

"After all that love making you expect me to smell off myself? Dumbo." The Pheonix scoffed, Patting Marks chest as the Vampire slowly diffted off to sleep on his lap.

Donghyuck sighed, something was definitly wrong. He stared up at the moon, then back at his flawless mate asleep on his lap. Was he a bad omen that Mark was drifting away from him? Was sex his only purpose of living so long?

"Ahh!" Donghyuck hissed when a thorn pricked his finger. Mark was quick to wake up with worry.

"Why cant you be more careful?" Mark sleepily grumbled. Squeezing the tip of the stubby finger to take the torn off.

"Sorry." Donghyuck whispered under Marks worried gaze.

"Idiot. There now better?" Mark sighed in relief. Donghyuck nodded pouting then lit his arm on fire to see Mark more clearly.

"You are hiding something from me. Tell me what it is." The bird looked away from its mate.

"That I love you so much?" Mark giggled lifting Donghyuck from the ground like a bride as the started walking back home.

The fireflies swarming around Donghyuck, making him softly giggle and forget what he wanted to know. A furry beast pranced nearby making Mark roll his eyes at his pink furred cousin.

"Ohh I see you guys having a moment?" Jaemin giggled but he had to go on duty so he waved a paw at them and ran off.

"I'm heavy." Donghyuck kissed the Vampires neck, the print of his plump lips burning into Marks neck.

"Says the skinny legend. Hush." Mark walked into the palace, the knights bowing in respect as he quickly made his way to his room and shut the door.

"I love your bed. Its so silky and smooth." Donghyuck quickly stripped himself and jumped on the bed. But it saddened him, Mark was never next to him when he woke up at night. Just only at dawn.

"Oops did I disturb something?" Taeyong walked in then closed his eyes seeing Donghyuck half naked.

"No Mother. Hes loves sleeping with only boxers." Mark chuckled.

"How cute. Will you give me a moment with my future son in law?" Taeyong smiled and Mark nodded leaving the room.

The bird hid under the sheets and scrumbled further backwards. The countess giggled and crawled next to Donghyuck as he pulled off the sheet. The bird squeaked in fear having met the countess for the first time.

"You indeed are gorgeous. No wonder you are the biggest star out there in the galaxies." Taeyong caressed the chubby golden cheek.

"You dont hate me?" Donghyuck let his bed sheet slip down.

"Why would I sweety?" Taeyong kissed Donghyucks forehead fondly.

"Marks father does." Donghyuck pouted.

"Johnny is just stubborn and worried for his big baby son." Taeyong chuckled as Donghyuck hugged him tightly.

"But Mark is loosing interest on me." The bird pouted into Taeyong shoulder.

"Aygeo you are too cute." Taeyong squeezed the beautiful in his embrace. "But sweetheart, Mark loves you more than anyone could ever love you. He sees you as his life. Its just that he has issues that cannot be unleashed. Just always be there for him okay?" The mother kissed the chubby cheeks.

"I'm always with my Bat baby. But......" Donghyuck sighed pulling away from the mother.

"But he's distant? He's always been a distant bat. Only Jaemin is the closet to Mark. And why is your tummy glowing?" Taeyong poked Donghyucks tummy.

"I'm always glowing haha." Donghyuck giggled sassily.

"Aish you brat. Look at you being all confindent. Maybe theres someone in there." Taeyong teased the sleepy bird but Donghyuck was dozing off so the countess tucked him in bed.

"Good night Donghyuck." Taeyong kissed the boys forehead and left.

Donghyuck stretched turning into a hard chest. He smiled waking up to Marks peaceful face. The bruise of his lips still prominant on the flawless neck. Snuggling into Marks cold embrace Donghyuck kissed his Vampires lips.

"Good morning Pheonix." Mark mumbled hugging Haechan tightly even though it hurt so much.

"Good morning Bat." The birds wings sprawled on the other side of the bed giving him no space at all.

"Lets skip school today shall we?" Marks finger tips traced Donghyucks features fondly. Peppering soft kisses on the boys face.

"Sure!! We can go to my house. If.....you dont mind?" Donghyuck pouted at the red bruises that were beginning on his mates body.

"Of course we should. But thats later on. For now its just cuddles and kisses." Mark giggled.

"But I'm hungry." The bird hugged Marks waist tightly.

"You dont want me to be lovey dovey and then complain that your baby bat is distant." Mark looked away to hide the stinging tears that flooded into his eyes as the bruises formed.

"Nooo you bad bat. I want you to be lovey dovey buy I'm really very hungry." Donghyuck pouted.

"How about you stay here in bed while I get you your breakfast?" Mark made Donghyuck sit on the bed on all his glory as the young vampire left to get his mate his meal.

Mark came back with a trolly filled with berries and goodies for his birdie.  Donghyuck flew from his bed into Marks embrace in glee.

"I LOVE YOU!!!"  Donghyuck squealed kissing Mark all over the face leaving bruises of plump lips on the Vampires neck and cheeks.