Chapter 20 (Clan Life)

"I don't get it." Mewed Rocky. Eaglespots pushed him away. "You sort of need to flatten your tail to the ground..." Began Eaglespots. Raindrop was in the nursery with Sparkkit and Firekit watching Rocky on his pounce. Ashclaw curled his lip. "Clan life is more difficult than kittypet life." Growled Ashclaw. "We aren't kittypets!" Hissed Eaglespots. "We're loners!" "Whatever you say." Mewed Ashclaw, rolling his eyes. "If you were fully Clan-born..." He began. "They are trying their best! There is no need to be rude to a cat depending where they were born!" Interrupted Leafstar. Crowtail nodded. Dustclaw and Mapledawn were sharing a mouse near the clearing. Shadestripe was guarding the border and his eyes lit up when Amberwillow came with their kits. "Leafstar!" Called Shadestripe. Leafstar bounded over. Her eyes were filled with betrayal as she gazed at Shadestripe, Amberwillow and the kits. "More betrayal?!" She hissed. I-I'd like to join AutumnClan." Stuttered Amberwillow. Leafstar's eyes softened. "You can't turn back and re-join SpringClan." Leafstar warned. "I understand." Mewed Amberwillow.  Leafstar dipped her head. "If you wish." She mewed. Amberwillow nodded, pain in her gaze.