Chapter 8

Gary's POV

"This is hopeless!!" I groaned, falling to my knees in defeat. She wasn't anywhere in sight! I'd searched for hours, with no luck. I sighed. Hearing a sudden rustling behind me, I turned and saw Leaf yelp and fall from the tree. 'She falls from a tree like a Leaf... Just.. Less graceful.' I thought and stepped closer. ".. Leaf, listen, I-" "I don't wanna hear it!" She snapped like a twig. Heh.. Puns.

"Wh-But.." I stuttered in shock. "You.. Your the most cruel hearted person I've ever met! If you've come here for an apology, forget it! You don't deserve it!" She yelled, inching closer with her fists closed tight. "I-I didn't mean--" "Zip it, Oak! We're done talking!" She stomped on my foot and I cringed. Leaf turned and stormed off, leaving a trail of tears behind.. And a broken hearted oak. "... Leaf! C'mon!" I tried chasing after her, but I got caught in the crowd of people leaving.

~Later at DQ~

"I can't believe her! I couldn't even say two words to her without getting yelled at!" I slammed my fist on the table, my friends all flinching as they see the table crack from the pressure. "I feel you, Gary... At least you didn't get any bones broken..." Drew winced as Ash poked his broken arm. ".. She broke my foot. Why do you think I came in with crutches?" I scowled, eating a spoonful of ice cream. Paul rolled his eyes. "Funny how the two most flirty men on earth get the bad luck... Then me and Paul get the good stuff!" Ash grinned, soon earning glares and arrows. "Sorry.." He looked down.

".. Well.. You guys need to get Leaf to hear me out!" I slammed my hands on the table again, standing up. "Why? What do we have to do with this?" Drew attempted to folded his arms. "If Leaf is as mad as I think she is... She'll turn your girls against us, and we'll all be done!" I snapped. The three flinched and got desperate. "We're in." Paul replied first, surprising everyone. "... By the way, Drew? How did you brake your arm?" Ash asked with an eyebrow raised. ".. I fell off the roof of the school... The bell scared me.." He laughed nervously as his friends all gave smug smirks. "Whatever, let's just do this!"