A Softer Side

Loki was located in his usual spot; in his room, reading. Thor would try to get him out of there every once in a while but if that's where Loki chose to stay then no one, not even Thor could stop him. After the snap Thor brought him back to Midgard and Tony agreed to let him stay at the compound (after a lot of negotiating and compromises). Loki had kept away from everyone else, he only ever talked to his brother and Bruce and when he did talk to someone else he was sarcastic, rude and snappy. Steve tolarated it, he knew that everyone was dealing with things differently. Tony however was not as patient as Steve, he and Loki were often at each other's throats, disagreements between the two would usually end with a few scrapes and scratches, occasionally a broken bone or two.

Today the Avengers were out doing some team building thing that Steve insisted they do, Thor tryed coaxing his brother into coming but the trickster preferred to stay in his room.

"It is a waste of time and I don't feel like going", Loki argued

"Loki it will be good for you to get out and socialise", Thor reasoned

"When is it ever good that I 'socialise' with your team of incompatance", Loki growled

"ahh c'mon Thor, if the rat wants to stay in his hole then let him", Tony said, smirking at Loki before turning on his heel and leaving.

Loki glared daggers into Stark's back before returning to his book. Thor looked at his brother before sighing and closing the door. Steve was wating for Thor at the end of the hall, everyone else was already in the van.

"He will come out and join in when he is ready", Steve said

"Yes but when will that be", Thor sighed

"Patience", Steve said, grinning at the thunder god. He sounded like one of those 'Captain America' clips Peter was complaining about having to listen to in school. Thor gave one last look in the direction of his brothers door then followed Steve to the van.

Once Loki heard the van take off he opened his door and walked to the kitchen. The god loved it when everyone was gone, he had the whole compound to himself. Loki made himself a cup of tea and a cup of coffee, he then walked down to Tony's lab, bypassed his security and walked over to his computer. After pouring the coffee onto Tony's computer he made his way to the common room and sat down on the couch.

"That will teach Stark", Loki smiled to himself.

Loki settled down to read, enjoying the peace. However, no more then ten minutes into his book Loki heard Tony's name being called.

"Ugh it's the Spider Child", Loki thought to himself.

Turning to face the door, he saw Peter stumble into the room, white faced and gripping his right shoulder.

"Mr. Stark?" Peter called, scanning the room.

"He's not here", Loki said as Peter's eyes landed on him.

"Oh", Peter said, wincing in pain

"You're hurt", Loki stated and he quickly made his way over to the boy.

"Yeah, I uh.......I was shot", Peter said, like it was nothing.

"Shot", Loki repeats in shock, "for Odin's sake Peter why aren't you at the hospital".

"I uh....well I was having trouble getting the suit off, what with my arm and all, I don't want the doctors knowing who is behind the mask", Peter explains

Loki let's out an exasperated sigh and removes Peter's hand from his shoulder to examine the wound.

"The bullet is still in there", Loki says, guiding Peter to the kitchen table "lie down".