Part 8: Her Job

Kurusu Pov

Today was boring, no Palaces to destroy, no hearts to change. The sun was beating down my skin from my window, Morgana on my stomach, basking in the sunlight.

Suddenly, my phone vibrated with a text. I looked at it, seeing the message from Ryuji.

Ryuji: Hey Im bored, let's go to Cinnamon Clover. It's a karaoke restaurant nearby. Ann will be there too!!

I thought about it. I didn't have anything else to do today, so why not? Besides, I was still disgusted about that kid, Fumihiko. It took a few days to gather enough evidence that he was stalking her, but when I did, it was nasty. He was completely disgusting, his entire Palace and room full of lewd things about Nyoko~chan, pictures, and even things that have probably been missing for months. He even had a diary, full of nothing but sly taken pictures and crude words of what he would do to her. I could have sworn I saw an 18+ story about her and him....doing things. His treasure had been a sly taken picture of her in bed, sleeping with a peaceful face. It still sends shivers down my spine.

Me: Sure why not? I'll be there soon.

Ryuji: Sweet! See you there!

I rose from the bed, hearing Morgana complain about his pillow moving and waking him. I smoothed my clothing, running my hand through my hair to rid it of any tangles that may have come from my pillow.

Slinging my bag over my shoulder, Morgana hopped inside, popping out his head so he could watch me walk down the street. Putting the restaurant into my GPS, I began walking, my shoes clicking against the street. 

*********

I arrived at the small, cozy-looking restaurant, noticing Ryuji and Ann by the door, smiling and waving at me as I came over. Ryuji threw his arm around my neck, guiding us into the small cafe. He asked for a table for three, whistling as we were led to a small booth. We slipped inside, told that our waitress would be here shortly. The young girl who had guided us smiled, hurrying towards her post back at the entrance, welcoming the next few guests with a beaming smile. Many of the booths were full, people conversing, laughing and drinking, while others cheered on the person singing on the small stage, a black microphone in their hands. 

"This place is pretty lively don't you think?" Ann asked, looking around with a smile. "It's like one of those places where people go to forget the outside." 

"You're right!" Morgana chirped, poking his head from my bag. "Even I feel at home." 

Ann giggled as Ryuji chuckled an eager smile on his face, his eyes closed and his hands behind his head. 

"I overheard some kids talking about this place, saying that it was a really good place to get an after school meal." He said, obviously proud of himself. "I checked it out after school once, not only is the service really awesome but the food is great!"

We continued to converse until a small girl made her way over, three menus in her arm.

"So sorry for the wait, here are your menus. I will be your waitress today." She said with a professional, cheery tone, welcoming and kind. 

I looked up at her as I took my menu in my hand. My eyes widened. So did her's.

"Nyoko~chan?" 

"K-Kurusu~kun!" She said, her face flushing. She looked at the others. "Takamaki~chan? Sakamoto~kun?!" 

They smiled at her, waving. 

"Hey, Nyoko~chan!" Ryuji said. "I didn't know you worked here!" 

She smiled sheepishly, tugging at the end of her skirt. 

"Y-Yeah..." She said quietly.

Ann and Ryuji looked her up and down, smiling. 

"You look pretty cute," Ryuji said.

She tugged harder at the end of her skirt as if hiding her legs.

"Yeah...." Ann smirked, looking at me. I blinked looking at them. "Don't you think she's cute Akira?"

I turned my gaze back towards her, actually taking in her uniform. It was a short, modest maid uniform, nothing fancy, with a small apron tied around her waist, her pale legs framed by the fabric. Her small feet adorned black low-heeled buckle shoes. The collar of her dress was white, a red bow hanging limply on her collarbone. I nodded. Her inky black hair was brushed to the point of silk and pulled into a ribboned ponytail.

"Yeah, she's pretty cute." I said. 

Her face exploded into red, looking away from me. She bit her lip, making the bright pink flesh swell. I tightened my grip on my knee, where one of my hands rested. 

Someone called for her. She turned, my gaze following to a booth with four teenage boys in it, at least three booths behind us, gesturing her over. She turned back to us, giving a small bow.

"Please excuse me. Please call on me once you've chosen your orders." She said formally, hurrying over towards the boys, pulling a notepad and pen from her apron.

I watched her give them a smile, only for one of them to lean forward, a flirty glint in his eye. He said something. She blushed, stuttering over her words and fiddling with her notepad. They chuckled, speaking to her, making her face turn fiery red. My hand tightened on my knee again, watching her fidget. She scribbled on her notepad, rushing towards the kitchen. The boys snickered, fist-bumping. 

"Perverts." Ann mumbled.