s(he) - dodie clark

A/N: this is based on the song She by Dodie Clark. It's such a good song, but I had to change the pronouns for this story to work out :3

am i allowed,
to look at him like
that?

will always enjoyed gazing at mike. especially today in particular. mike was wearing the cutest blue sweater, which will thought 'really suited him.' at times, the brown haired boy questioned if it was okay for him to be looking at mike the way he does. a boy can like a boy, right?

could it be wrong?
when he's just so nice
to look at.

tonight, they were playing truth or dare at the wheeler house. at one point in the night, their eyes met. this caused a blush to form on wills cheeks and his face to heat it. it felt right, but wrong to see mike the way he did. he was just so nice to look at. to will, everything about mike was perfect. like the way his freckles were scattered on his face, or how his hair looked so perfect. even smaller things, like the way his eyebrows furrowed when he was confused. it was all just so perfect to will.

and he
smells like lemongrass and sleep
he tastes like
apple juice and peach

"mike!" lucas called out. "i dare you to kiss will, if you're not a pussy" he snickered. those words shocked will. he gasped softly as mike scooted next to him. "are you okay with this, will?" mike quietly asked the smaller boy. will was at a loss for words. just like the rest of the party. "i- i.." he stuttered, trying to form a sentence but failed to. before being able to say anything, mike got closer to wills lips.. until they met. they moved their lips in sync, mike being the one to pull away seconds later. everyone in the room gasped. at that moment, will felt so many emotions. he enjoyed the kiss, he felt content with the feeling and the taste of mikes lips against his. will thought to himself, "mike probably felt nothing, i'm probably just a joke to him."

you would find him
in a polaroid picture
and he
means everything to me

everyone in the party's eyes were on mike and will, but mostly will. he was way more stunned than the rest of them. he quickly got up from the floor, fumbling to find his sweater. the poor boy quickly slipped it on and ran up the stairs of the basement. he ran to castle byers, tears streaming down his cheeks. honestly, you couldn't really tell which were tears and which were raindrops. he sat down in castle byers, picking up a photo of him and mike. he sobbed, letting tears spill onto the photo.

i'd never tell
no,
i'd never say a word

mike had ran out into the forest, searching for castle byers. he was confused on why will had run away. he heard wills quiet sobs and ran in the direction of the heartbreaking sound. mike found the boy on the floor, sobbing into his hands. mike knelt down next to him, kissing his cheek. will hadn't noticed mike's presence up until that moment. he felt his face heat up. "why- why did you do that?" will asked, looking up at the taller boy. "because i love you, will." he said. will wiped away his tears and wrapped his arms around mike.

"I love you, too."

A/N: bruh I suck at writing.