New Friend(s)

Yesterday, Sunday

Budo and his friend Taro were going to the animal shelter to pick-up Budo's new animal friend Kodi, a one and a half year old black labrador retriever.

"Good afternoon boys, how can I help you?" The girl at the front desk asked. "I'm here to pick up a black lab, her name's Kodi." Budo smiled. "She's in that room over there." She said motioning to the nearby glass door, there was a black lab waiting at the door. "She's even cuter than I imagined!" He said with a smile as he opened the door and quickly got into the room before Kodi got out. "Hey there girl..." He said and began wrestling with his new found friend.

"So you go to Akademi High right?" She asked looking at Taro. "I do." "So do I, my name's Midori Gurin." She said and extended her hand to Taro.

-----

Present Day, Monday

"Where have you been Baka?!" Osana asked crossing her arms as Taro walked up to her, but following behind him was Saki, Kokona, and a girl Osana didn't recognize. "Sorry Osana-Chan, I was meeting up with Saki and Kokona here when I ran into this other girl." He said sheepishly motioning to the girl with black hair sitting on the ground with a white hawk perched on her shoulder. "She's kinda weird." Osana said glaring at the dulled eyes of the stranger. "When we met up with her she was unwrapping that hawks wing." Kokona said glancing behind her. "She has a wild dog in her backyard as well as a parrot, two cats, one stray one feral, and a black bear cub, it's insane." Saki murmured.

The girl stood up. "Some were sick, the wild dog has a broken leg, the feral cat was attacked by a dog on the street, the stray was abandoned and beaten, the parrot was lost, the cub has poor sight and hearing, and this is Winter, his wing was broken." She said smiling faintly, a bear cub walked up behind her followed by a wild dog. "Why'd you bring them to school?" Taro asked. "I couldn't leave them behind... The parrot is being picked up to get sent back home, the cats are at the vet with my dad, I couldn't leave the more wild animals at home." She said and hugged the bear. "This is Delilah, and this is Diego." She said pointing to the bear cub then the dog.

A boy ran into the strange girl as a black dog on a leash ran at Taro. "I am so so sorry for running you over." Budo said helping her up, the bird flew down and landed on the bear cub Delilah's back. "It's alright. Diego come here!" She called and the wild dog came running back, staggered then pounced on Budo and licked his face, she laughed. "He likes you." "Down!" Budo commanded and both Diego and the black dog sat down in front of him. "That's a neat trick, who is this beautiful girl?" She asked petting the labrador. "My friend Kodi." Budo smiled and opened his bag and took out an ice pack. "Gently add a wrap to this and put it against his broken leg, it should numb some pain." He offered. "Thanks."

The group dispersed and headed for their classes, the girl with the black hair went elsewhere, Taro followed her to the gardening club where the girl met up with Sumire Suzuki. "Can you watch Diego and Winter for me Sumire? And can you ask Sakura if she can watch Delilah? I have class." She smiled. "Sure thing Ayano~Chan." Sumire Suzuki smiled. "Thanks." Then the girl 'Ayano' headed for class, but Taro didn't leave in time and she crashed into him after tripping over her own foot. Literally falling on top of him.