Chapter: Unknown Enemies

Colby's POV

There was blood everywhere. I don't know who these guys were but, I felt bad for him. Even though he had blood and scratches all over him, he was kinda hot. Sam was obviously, hotter, cuter, and better. I'm pretty sure Sam thought he was hot too. I could see him starring, from the corner of my eye. If I was someone else, I would probably be jealous, but I'm not. Sam and I are married, we're going to have children, and I know neither of us would ever cheat on each other.

Anyway, I carried the guy to the car, then drove to the hospital. What happened to him? How did he get this fucked up? Did someone do this to him?

10 minutes later, we arrived at the hospital. The doctors took the guy to the emergency room. After they took him, they asked us if we knew him, what his name was, etc. We just told them, we found him laying on the sidewalk.

Since we weren't family, we had to wait in the waiting room until they were done with everything. While we waited, I thought I would embarrass Sam.

"So, what do you think?" I asked.

"About what?" Sam said.

"The guy. What do you think about him?"

"He's alright, I guess."

"Really, because I saw you staring at him when I was helping him." Sam's face turned red.

"I-I was j-just um... thinking," Sam said unconvincingly.

"So, you weren't looking at his body, muscles, hair, or eyes?" Sam's face turned even redder. I was trying so hard not to laugh.

"Um.....I-I...Um- I was just, um..-" in the middle of his 'sentence' I started laughing. It was so funny watching him attempt to make up an excuse. I'm such a mean husband.

"I'm sorry," I said with a huge smile, laughing even more.

"You're mean. And for your information, I was LOOKING, not staring, at him. He was kinda hot, but you're way better."

"I know. And your right, he was hot."

"Why weren't you mad, when you saw me looking at him?"

"Because, we're married, we're about to have children, and as you said, I'm the Nutella to your bread."

After I was done embarrassing Sam, the doctor came out and told us we could see the guy. We should probably ask him what his name is.

Doctor Smith took us to the room. The guy had a cast on his left arm, a lot of stitches, and, a few bruises.

"I just need to ask you one final question. How'd you get hurt?" Dr. Smith asked.

"I was riding my bike home when all of a sudden two guys came up to me and pushed me off the bike. They took a gun out, they told me to give them my wallet. I refused because I was in my way to the bank to deposit my money, so they beat me. Once I was bleeding on the ground, they got my wallet, and threw the bike on me." As the guy talked, the doctor wrote stuff down on his clipboard.

"Ok, well here are your discharge papers. And if you see the guys again male sure to call the police. Have a good day Mateo," Dr. Smith said, as he walked out the room. So the guy's name was Mateo.

Mateo signed the papers, then we invited him to come to IHOP with us. Sam was still hungry. While we drove to IHOP, it was silent. I don't think anyone knew what to say. Everything felt awkward.

In about five minutes we made it to IHOP. Finally, Sam was going to stop complaining that he was hungry. We got a table and ordered our food. While we waited for the food I thought I would ask Mateo about himself.

"So, Mateo, Where are you from?"

"I was born in Mexico and moved to Los Angeles when I was 5. Where are you guys from?"

"We are from Kansas. We moved here after high school." Sam said.

"I don't know if this is offensive, but are you guys gay?"

"Yeah, we're married. And we're about to have triplets. What about you, are you straight or gay?"

"I'm gay. I have a boyfriend."

Right as he finished his sentence, the waitress came with our food. As we ate we talked more about our lives. So far we knew that Mateo was born on December 17, 1996. He was the same age as us. Since he was born in Mexico he knew Spanish but he wasn't fluent. Also, he broke his left wrist when he was in first grade. He knew he was gay when he was in 7th grade, and he had a crush on one of his best friends. When they entered high school, his best friend asked him out, but they only lasted a few months.

By the time we were done eating, we knew almost everything about each other. It felt as if we've known him for years. Sam asked him if he wanted to come home with is, but he said he had to go meet his boyfriend.

Time skip to when they are home

When we went inside our house, it smelled like paint. There were a bunch of boxes in the living room. It was a mess. Devyn came down the stairs and told us to go upstairs. She had an excited smile on her face.

We followed Devyn, then she told us to close our eyes. We took a few more steps and we could now open our eyes. Devyn had led us into a room that had three cribs with a teddy bear. There was a bookshelf filled with books for little children, there was a big fluffy white rug in the middle. There was a big brown dresser with a mirror on top.

"Did you do all of this?" Sam asked.

"Yep. When you guys said you were going out, I thought it was the perfect opportunity to do it."

"It's beautiful, thank you so much." We all got into a group hug. I could feel the babies kicking inside Sam's belly.

Mateo's POV

After we finished eating IHOP, Sam and Colby told me to go with them, but I said I had to meet my boyfriend. If only they knew who my boyfriend was. The whole time we were talking about our lives I was lying. I already knew everything about them, or at least what my boyfriend told me about them. All I needed to know was that they were the people that hurt my boyfriend. And like I said before, no one hurts my Brennen.
Speaking of Brennen, I had to call him to tell him how everything went.

"Hey, Brennen. They don't suspect anything so far. All I told them was how I got hurt and my fake life story. Our plan will be complete soon. Love you too. Bye."

In a few months, all this will be over. Brennen and I will be relaxing in Kauai, Hawaii, and Sam and Colby, well, let's just say they won't hurt Brennen ever again.