Chapter 3

Not really understanding why the dare was so threatening, Trunks looks to his father in confusion. Even as a child neither he nor Goten had ever had a tail, so it intrigued him as to why his father would fear his touch.

In his mind, Trunks began asking himself, 'why? I mean, sure his he had mentioned to me how he had grieved for the lost of his tail in thous first few months, but in my opinion the tail was just a liability in the first place. Other than giving the power to transform, all it did was serve as a weakness for enemies to grab onto. So why?'

As Trunks was distracted with his racing thoughts, Vegeta gives Goku one last glare and looks to his son with his classic 'angry' poker face. "Well? What are you waiting for, lets get this over with so I can enact my revenge on Kakarot." Looks to Goku and lowers his voice, "And believe me, whether it's truth or dare, you won't enjoy it." Ponders that for a minute and continues, "Or maybe you will, depending on what your fancies are."

Mentally groaning to himself at the promise in those words, Goku responds with a playful look in his eyes, "that depends on whether or not you continue with this dare, cause by the looks of it Vegeta you're stalling for time." Smiles, and mentally criticizes himself, 'I shouldn't be egging him on like this, it only spells trouble for me later on... But I can't deny that it's fun.'

With a flash of anger at the other Saiyans words in his eyes, Vegeta once again looks over to his son and practically shout, "hurry up and get over here before I knock some ones face in! Preferably an arrogant, clown faced, full blooded Saiyans face!

Chuckling at this, the older Demi Saiyan can't help but think, 'they really are meant for each other. Guess it's now or never.'

Getting up on his knees, Trunks makes his way over to the anger management, troubled Saiyan. Stopping in front of him, Trunks curiously looks to his father and slowly leans forward to embrace his broad figure. As Vegeta stiffly wraps his arms around his son, Trunks slowly reaches out to grasp his strangely elusive tail. Once Trunks manages to gently grab the older Saiyans tail, Vegeta slightly flinches as his sword calloused hand rubs against it. If looks could kill, their would be nothing left of earths hero.

With an ice cold glare, Vegeta asks in a strained voice, "How long?"

Struggling to contain his laughter, Goku smilies and responds, "I'll give you mercy and say only for two minutes."

Across from him, Goten laughs out loud at the awkward scene in front of him as Vegeta's glare darkens. Looking over to his father Goten ask with a grin, "Wow, who are you and what have you done with my Innocent dad."

Both men laugh at this and Goten rolls onto his back while continuing to laugh himself silly.

Looking to his lover, Trunks observes him with a sly grin, "Carful Goten, otherwise you're next."

Sitting up and shutting up instantly, Goten goes back to scrutinizing his other half.

Satisfied, Trunks drags his attention back to his fathers tail and gradually continues to explore the fury appendage. Expecting ruffness while stroking the tail between his fingers, Trunks was surprised to feel the exact opposite. His fathers tail was silky smooth and felt wonderful against his skin. If their hadn't been an audience, or the fact his father might kill him, he would have been tempted to rub the fur against his face.

As it was, Vegeta was having a hard time not making a sound at the boys tentative strokes, as well as resisting the urge to throw him across the room. Unconsciously, Vegeta tightens his grip on the boy and looks to his rival with revenge in his eyes. Deciding he'd had enough, Goku calls time to the two with an all knowing smirk upon his face. Hearing this, Vegeta practically shoves the boy off of him and releases a breath he hadn't realized he was holding.