Chapter 2: Knocked up who?

Chapter 2

"I knocked up Mickey." He... WHAT?! It echoed in my head, but I couldn't comprehend what he just said. My mind turned blank and I stared at him. His face didn't even have the slightest emotion of being sorry.

"But Mickey's your cousin... right?" I squeaked. I felt my eyes start to water. What the hell?  What is he saying? He said he love me. He even said that he'll mar... Something's not right. We remained in an awkward silence. The wind blew once more and I felt cold, but I felt colder inside me. I thought I'm numb. I couldn't feel anything except the tears that flowed on my cheeks.

At last, Bryan looked at me in the eyes. His expression sullen and his jaw is clench. "She's not my cousin. She's been my girl since last year and... And−"He didn't finish his sentence when he heard me sob. I was not looking at him in the moment. I glanced at the river under the bridge that flows peacefully. This could not be happening to me. How could he? He said I was his girl for the last three years and now he's confessing me something, something painful. He introduced me to Mickey last Halloween and he said that they were cousins. That was the reason that he kept skipping our lunch together because he said that he was having some "cousin time" with her. And I was so fucking idiot not to know. Dammit Veronica, you deserved a Nobel Prize for being the number one idiot in the whole Seattle. They were cheating under your nose, yet you know nothing!

"Why?" The question came out to my mouth in almost a whisper. I couldn't understand why. Did I even deserve to be cheated?

"She gave me anything that I needed, Ron." He mutterd, proudly.

"I− You said you only needed me."

"Yes−No... Shit." So now he has the right to curse? "Ron, I'm a man, and I have needs. Apparently, you can't give me that, Ron. She, Mickey gave me everything, she gave me what I needed." He remained silent again. So this is what it is all about? Sex? Just sex? Just because I couldn't give him my body yet, he could fuck another girl? Where's the sense in that?! I feel abandoned again. It is the same feeling that I felt when I was 11, when my mom left me in the middle of the competition in tennis because I can't play properly that day and my score was−

Bryan suddenly stands. He's leaving. NO. This time, I couldn't hide the pain in my voice. I sobbed heavily. I felt my eyes really sore, ten times sorer than last night. I saw his hand turns into a fist. All of a sudden, I grabbed Bryan's hand and begged him, me looking straight in his eyes.

"No please. No. Bryan I−I'm sorry. I'm planning to give you everything when the time comes. Just, just wait. Give me some time. Please don't leave me." I begged.

His face hardened, his mouth shifted into thin line. He started to look away, and he shook his head. "No Ron. Please. Just don't do this. I'm not happy with you anymore. I'm really sorry." After he said that, he started to walk away. He's not happy with me? My legs suddenly felt numb but I try my best to follow him. He started walking faster. Wait, was he running or something?

"Bryan! I love you! I love you! Don't leave me, please!" I shouted at him, not caring if anyone is near enough to hear my grief. But he walked away Veronica. He's done with you, He didn't need you anymore. No. He never needed you and your fucking virginity. My head was shouting to me. Was it my fault?

I turned my gaze to where Bryan is heading. He was heading outside the park, where a blue Mazda was waiting. Bryan headed straight to the car, not even bothering to throw last glance to me. That hurts. Geez, my eyes started to water again, my lips quivering. He climbed into the driver's seat, so it means that someone was already waiting for him. It must be Mickey. That bitch. She seemed so friendly whenever she's talking to me. One time she even asked me that she'll borrow Bryan for a couple of weeks for their "cousin time" and I was so stupid not to smell her bitchiness and fakeness. At this moment, I really wanted to grab her long blonde hair and throw her sorry ass across the bridge. But I'm not that kind of person. Instead, I watched the Mazda drive across the street and to the oblivion.