Chapter 5: French Kiss or Not?

Kindly vote after you read, if you don't, i'mma gonna eat yow thumbs. hahaha XD

Please vote. It would mean a lot to me. Salamat!

My eyes were locked to the crowd where the Claude guy disappeared. I felt like I was in the 7th heaven. It took a while until someone nudge me on my ribs, who was surely Jill, and my mind was brought back to earth. I blinked several times.

“What the hell was that Veronica?” Jill said in a stern voice, but I could sense that she was trying to suppress her laugh.

“Shit, I don’t know Jill.” I said, with a bit of joy in my voice. Finally I looked at her. “I don’t know what happened.” I murmured, my head still in cloud nine.

“What the hell did that mean? Mr. Claude just kissed you! He kissed you! Twice!” She said while beaming. She was obviously more ecstatic than I was. I couldn’t hide my happiness until I realized what really happened.

“Oh my gosh Jill! I didn’t even know who the hell he was!” I said while covering my face. Fucking hell, I let a stranger kiss me, twice! What happened to the modest Veronica?

She nudge me again, this time handling me a tall cup of strawberry sherbet. “Hey it’s okay. You’re freaking single now, so you don’t have to worry…” She seemed to notice my expression. “You have to let yourself to be happy, Ron. Bryan’s happy now, isn’t he?”  I nod slowly. She have a point. I was done moping in my house, hoping that he would come back, but he didn’t. “He doesn’t deserve you Ron.” She said sternly, her gaze examining me.

“Yeah he was an…” I paused.

“An asshole. A freakin’ asshole.” She continued. We both laughed and clicked our drinks. I really love this girl. “Well let’s celebrate this night. The ever virgin Veronica was just kissed by the ever hot Mr. Claude.” She grinned.

“Wait, I didn’t even know who the hell he was? Was he a bachelor or something?” I said, my words fading while I bit my lip. Jill’s eyes widen in disbelief and she nearly spitted her drink. “You’ve got to be kidding me, Veronica!” She exclaimed. “You let someone kiss you, yet had no idea who he was? She continued while her voice was in high pitch.

“Oh God Ron, he might be an axe murderer or something. He may be having AIDS and you let him kissed, with all the tongues and…” I flushed in the latter. I remembered his tongue doing all the magic in me. I was positive I was blushing at this moment.

“French kissing.” I murmured. She scoffed. “That was not counted as French kissing.” She said plainly.

“Why not?”

“Because you were not responding. You just stood there like shit and let him do all the job.”

How did she knew I was just… My eyes widened at the realization. “ You were watching?!”I nearly spitted my drink at her and she just shrugged. The background music became louder and louder, sweaty bodies were scattered on the dance floor.

“Um, Jill?” I asked softly.

“Yeah?”

“Who’s that Claude guy, really?” I mumbled under my breath while taking a sip at my drink. Her eyes widened. “You don’t freakin’ know him? Really, Ron? When were you born? Yesterday?”

“Hey. I didn’t really know.” I shrugged. Jill took a deep breath and settled her drink on the bar. “The guy that kissed you a while ago, he was Dylan Claude.”

Dylan who?

“Please elaborate.” I said, obviously not picking her up. She clicked her tongue. “Well, he is a very well-known man for being a silent partner. As what I heard, aside from being the CEO of the top grossing advertising agency in New York, he is acting as a silent partner in some big industries in North America and Asia.” She said a matter-of-factly. So he was really that rich. Rich rich.  “But I haven’t heard of him.” I replied, shrugging my shoulder. Or maybe he was all over the news but I were busy watching Chick Flicks and The Walking Dead. “It’s because you’re busy watching shits in your television. But actually, he is really a silent guy, you won’t hear a thing in the news that reports about his private life and shit.”