chapter 5.

Trigger warning ⚠️.

Rubee walked out of the front door. David had given her the day off, unexpectedly. She didn't know what to think of it, but she decided it was a good thing.

Rubee walked back to her cozy vintage home and went inside. The smell of alcohol filled her nose and it made her head hurt instantly. "Mom?" Rubee sighed "I thought we had an agreement" She began to walk down the hall, until she stopped. Every picture that lined the walls had been knocked down. Glass decorated the floor, almost like little pieces of glitter. "Mom?" Rubee's shaky voiced called out. "Are you okay?" She worked her way back to her mothers room.

Rubee's mother was on the bed, being held down by a man, a pillow over her face.

Rubee screamed. Very loud. The man turned his head and Rubee recognized man as her father. "Get off of her!" Rubee ran over and fought him off of her, him landing on the other side of the bed. Rubee's mother took a gasp of air into her lungs, the color coming back to her face.

It all happened so fast.

He got up.

Rubee's mother screamed.

Everything went black.

Lights out.

a.n: i'm gonna be more active i promise 🧍🏾‍♀️. read my new new jersey boy book tho 😃.