chapter 4.

Rubee pulled together all the courage she had before opening the door. It was dead silent in the house, although Caleb, Fiona, and David (Mr.Robin) sat in the kitchen. Rubee slowly made her way into their eyesight. "Hello everyone" She greeted quietly, earning a few half smiles and waves in return. "Have you guys eaten today? Or... done anything?" Rubee noticed everything seemed the same as it had the day before. "Not really" Fiona admitted.
"Haven't felt like it" Caleb added, his head hung low.
"Look, I know it hurts. But-"
"You've walked in on your wife of 20 years cheating on you?" David suddenly snapped.
Rubee kept her composure "No but I have been cheated on before" She tapped her nails rhythmically on the counter before going to the pantry to look for something to cook. "I know it hurts like hell. And it feels like your heart has been ripped out and stomped on. Feels like you can't breathe everytime you think about it. Like a constant panic attack" She moved on the the refrigerator and got out everything needed to make sandwiches. "It feels like you've been lied to your whole relationship. Almost like they never loved you" She continued as she began fixing everyones lunch. "You question your every move through the whole time of being together and wonder what you could have done different even thought you weren't the reason they cheated. It's because they're selfish and only care about themselves and how they'd feel if they got heartbroken by you." She handed a finished sandwich with some grapes to Fiona on a plate then moved on to the next one. "You wish it never happened and you'd take them back in a heartbeat if you could." She handed David a sandwich with salt and vinegar chips. "But you know, the more you wish the more it hurts. Why constantly put yourself through that pain ya know? Whats the point if its all going to go crashing down? Just like your relationship" She handed caleb his plate that had a sandwich, extra mayo and no mustard sided by some  pretzels. She poured everyone cups of fruit punch and handed them out.
"Damn who broke your heart?" David asked, taking a sip.

"You wouldn't know him. Or maybe you would. It's a small, small world" Rubee left the kitchen and went upstairs to begin cleaning up a mess she could actually fix.

soo heyy :) if you like drama and stuffs check out my new book 'The way of the world' i'd really appreciate it. Don't forget to vote and comment. Love ya <3