Chapter IV

"What do you mean 'What are you doing here!?' I live here! So you explain yerself!"

"I'm here dropping off your little sister! She's kind and educated, unlike someone I know!" Rarity retorted.

"Well, you could've done it earlier! It's late, I was worried sick! Do you know how much she means to me!? I would die for her! But I don't think you'd care!" Applejack then noticed. Rarity's diamond eyes were crying. She turned away, and slowly walked towards her car.

Applejack felt a strong pain in her heart. "Applejack, you went too far! She's going through a really tough time!" Apple Bloom boomed at her older sister. "You don't think she knows how to love someone? Sweetiebelle's always telling us how she cries at night!"

Applejack realized what she had done and felt even worse. "Wait, so your new friend, who happens to be Rarity's sister, has-"

"Yes! Now go apolagize!"

Applejack looked out the door, and saw how Rarity was almost at her car. "Rarity, wait!" Applejack yelled, running as fast as she could towards Rarity.

She managed to catch up. "Gee, Rarity, I didn't realize-"

"Shut it. I don't need your pity, so it's fine," Rarity responded angrily.

"No!" Applejack shouted as she took Rarity's hand. "It's not fine. I misjudged you. I was upset yesterday, and if it helps, you should know that I-"

"Don't ever do that again!" Rarity yelled. "You never know how life is like for people outside of school! So don't do it again, but not just to me, anyone else! Because people have feelings, and words can really hurt someone. My sister is dying, my mother is depressed, and my father has anger issues! I just wish everything was easy!" Rarity started to sob loudly.

Applejack only knew she could do one thing. She gave Rarity a warm, long hug. Rarity cried in Applejack's arm for a while, and wiped her tears. Rarity looked at Applejack's eyes, and said, "Do you want to sleep-over tomorrow?"

Applejack instantly remembered her dream, and blushed really hard. "I-I guess," she stammered.

Rarity hopped into her car. "Alright, then goodbye darling!" And drove away.

Applejack walked back to the barn, shocked. Apple Bloom was at the door. "So, did you fix things?" She asked, noticing her big sister was blushing.

"She.. asked me to a sleepover tomorrow.." Applejack said nervously.

"What!?" Apple Bloom said, excaturating a bit.

"I know! It's making me nervous and happy like an old blue layin' on the porch chewin' on a big old catfish head!"

"AHA!" Apple Bloom exclaimed. "I bet she's the gal you were talking about yesterday! GRANNY!"

"Apple Bloom! Shush!" Applejack whispered harshly.

"I'ma comin'!" Granny answered. She finally reached down stairs. "Now girls, what's this ruckus about?"

"I know who Applejack's crush is!" Apple Bloom chimed, jumping up and down.

Granny turned to Applejack and asked, "Who's the lucky gal?" And Applejack sighed, covering her face.