temptation.

•Opportunity may knock only once, but temptation leans on the doorbell•

❣_________________________________❣

The elevator seemed to jolt upwards momentarily, before stopping its decent altogether. She frowned, turning towards the row of buttons on the wall and began to press them at random. They all remained blank.

Feeling herself begin to panic, she turned to face the other man in the elevator but found him remaining in his stony position, his pupils still transfixed to the floor as though they were stuck by the world's strongest super-glue.

She turned back and tried the buttons once more, pressing them more frantically as her pulse began to race. As a last resort, she pressed the large red button at the bottom labelled "HELP".

Nothing happened: no alarms sounded, no automated voice called out, no actual voice called out.

She turned back to Jungkook, flummoxed.

"Nothing's working..." She called out, watching him with frustration as he met her gaze across the small space.

"I know." He muttered quietly, his gaze briefly resting on the row of buttons.

"Well...why don't you do something?" She cried, feeling her blood pressure rising with every passing moment.

His eyes connected with hers once more and he stood up straight and she felt hopeful for a moment as he moved his arms in front of his body, considering what to do next. Her optimism was slashed fairly promptly, however, when he paused in his tracks and mumbled

"What should I do?" She sighed, reaching into her oversized dress pocket and pulling out her sleek mobile phone.

"Maybe phone somebody for a start..." She switched on the screen and watched him do the same from the corner of her eye. A few seconds later they both frowned in unison.

"No signal..." She whispered, looking up at the other figure hopefully.

"Me too." He sighed, pocketing his device.

"What do we do now?" She asked.

Not much, as it turned out. They had spent the majority of the last hour in silence. She had tried to make conversation on several occasions; asking him how the Asian leg of his tour was going, whether he thought the MAMA Awards were fixed unfairly, if he was feeling a bit warm.

He had answered all of these questions almost exclusively with single word answers or shrugs, barely meeting her eyes as he did so.

The conversation did reveal one useful titbit of information: that, like herself, Jungkook had been in the apartment block looking for a friend who turned out to not be at home. That meant that nobody knew they were there.

She fairly quickly started to give up hope of maintaining a healthy chat and began to focus her attention on the possibility of being rescued before she had to resort to drinking her own urine or eating the other person occupying her space to stay alive. She checked the time on her phone; it had only been an hour and five minutes but it felt like an eternity, and still no signal. Her battery was on 76%, thank god for small favours.