your girlfriend is pregnant.

Despite their careful lifestyle, they had been waiting for something - some scandal or rumour to break the streak of good luck they were having lately.

❣________________________________❣

The sense of urgency that usually overtook the residents of Seoul had vanished as temperatures reached new highs. The city and its residents had slowed down considerably to adapt to the hot weather. Not even Yoongi or Namjoon seemed to have the energy to pick up their pens and write, as they usually would have done.

Instead, they all lazed in the living room, surrounded by the delicious smell of stir fry that still lingered in the air. Kim Seokjin's portions were always plentiful, and the seven men had no option but to rest off their meals and the lethargy of the summer heat. Jin was the only one sat fully erect, his legs crossed as he stared up at the TV.

"What, again? We've played this one a hundred times," whined Jungkook, sinking back into his beanbag with a groan. "Can't we play something else?"

"But I like this level!"

"Because it's the only one you're good at," Jungkook quipped. Regardless, he picked up the game controller to join Jin and Hoseok, opting for a sleek, black sports car. The sound of rumbling engines and screeching wheels filled the living room. It was spacious enough but made smaller by the two large sofas, several sunken beanbags, and a widescreen TV. With the addition of seven bodies and a 36-degree climate, it was definitely cozy.

"Aish, these gossip articles... seriously," Taehyung complained. A light breeze from the fan beside them swept his hair back, revealing a deep and furrowed brow. Jimin, his own hair fluttering in the draught, rested his head on his band mate's shoulder. Idly he gazed at the phone screen, his hooded eyes looking even more sleepy than usual. "They're so dull. Idols are too careful these days."

Namjoon's lips were tight in a disapproving grimace. "How would you feel if they were about you, huh?"

"He'd probably like it," said Yoongi.

"You're looking at last week," Jimin pointed out. "It was G-Dragon's birthday last Wednesday, not today."

Taehyung grunted, his lips parting slightly as he touched the screen with a long index finger. A screech cut through the silence as Hoseok's yellow Lamborghini skidded hard to avoid a collision. Jin was winning, but his hold on 1st place was tentative as Jungkook came up fast behind him.

"Jungkook!" yelled Taehyung suddenly, startling the men around him.

The maknae however barely responded to his name, his eyes glazed over by the light of the TV. "Yeah?" replied the youngest in a half-listening sort of way, his mouth agape.

"What? What is it?" They urged as Tae paused to read the article. Collectively they held their breaths, suddenly nervous. Despite their careful lifestyle, they had been waiting for something - some scandal or rumour to break the streak of good luck they were having lately. But they had barely spent any time out of practice or their studios.

"Your girlfriend is pregnant!" He snickered, a devious, delighted smile stretching across his lips.

___

Vote, comment and follow if you liked the story :)

Who do you think is pregnant?

Jungkook's girlfriend? But wait! He dosen't have a girlfriend yet.