Chapter nine

I'm on a roll! Three chapters in a row! Okay, this is the chapter you have probably been waiting for! PERCABETH BREAKUP AND PERCY REALIZING HE IS GAY AS HELL! And yes, I just said that. Don't judge me. Anyways, hope you enjoy this chapter cause it's gonna get sad as hell next chapter.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All I had to say is goodbye
We're better off this way
~Goodbye by Secondhand Serenade
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Percy

Percy stood in the clearing, stiff with shock. Nico had just stumbled off and his words replayed through Percy's head, "You have it all. I've got shit", The words swirled around and around in his head. Percy hadn't realized how miserable Nico was, and he wanted to make it better, but he didn't know how, other than to be there when Nico needed him. He numbly walked back towards camp, feeling like his heart had been ripped out. He realized that Nico was in so much pain that's been bottled up for so long and becoming blind must have been the last straw before the burst. He didn't notice that Annabeth was running towards him. She stopped right in front of him and leaned forward to kiss his cheek. He faintly realized that there wasn't the usual spark there anymore. Right after she pulled away, Percy came to the realization that he really didn't feel a spark between them anymore and he had to put an end to it before Annabeth got hurt. He cleared his throat, looking straight at Annabeth.
"Annabeth, I want to talk about something..." He trailed off, waiting or her response.
"Sure, Seaweed Brain, what's up?" She stared at him, waiting patiently.
"Annabeth, I'm so sorry. I just don't feel the same with us anymore. I love you, but only as a best friend. I think the war took too great of a toil on our relationship. I'm sorry, but I want to break up." Percy looked at Annabeth, trying to read her expression. She looked calm, but she was good at hiding her emotions, so he didn't know what she was feeling exactly.
Then, she smiled calmly at him.
"I feel the same, Seaweed Brain. We just aren't the same. I understand how you're feeling." She smiled at him again. Percy felt like a weight had been pulled off his shoulders.
"Thanks so much Annabeth. Still best friends?"
She punched him on the shoulder, a little to hard, he may admit.
"No duh, you idiot! I have to go. See you later, Seaweed Brain."
Percy smiled as he watched her walk back to her cabin. He knew that it would be easier to train Nico now that he didn't have to worry about Annabeth being jealous. Although, he was still shocked and worried about Nico, after his outburst.
'I need to find him and see if he's okay' was what Percy thought, as he took off running towards the Hades cabin.