Chapter twenty-eight

Hehehehe. You're probably gonna want to kill me and Percy and Nico after this chapter... I'm going to die... I love you all and I'm sorry... I had to... Sorry! I hope this doesn't make any of you go on murderous rampages (which it probably will) and please don't kill anyone. I don't think you want to go to jail. Things happen there to people... It rhymes with grape... Anyways, don't kill me please and try to enjoy through your pain... It gets a little less painful towards the end... If that lessens your murderous rampages...
QOTD:
Who is your favourite superhero? Mines Captain America! If you don't like him, well, too star spangled bad for you. You're missing out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have you ever been in love? Horrible, isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up ~ Neil Gaiman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nico

Nico stood there in the cave, waiting for a minute to see if Percy was coming back to get him. Soon he realised that he wasn't. And his chest hurt. He felt lost. Scared. And he felt heartbroken. He didn't understand why. Why did Percy just leaving him hurt so much? Maybe it was because Percy forgot he had no way to find his way around. Or that Percy didn't stay to see how HE was feeling after Eros left. Or maybe it was just that Percy had left. Who knew? Nico certainly didn't. All he knew is that he had to find his way back to the ship somehow. Nico felt around, trying to find where rocks were so he wouldn't trip. He moved slowly, working his way forward, hoping to the gods that someone was going to come help him. He had no idea which way the ship was. Maybe he'd just stand here and wait. But that would make him look weak. He had no other choice but to push forward, hoping he was actually going in the right direction. He heard a distant shout. It soon came again, closer. He heard someone running and entering the cave.
"Nico? Why didn't you come back with Percy? He just came back alone and locked himself in your cabin. Annabeth sent me to find you." Leo's voice echoed through the cave.
"He left. He just ran. And I had no way to get back." Nico said, his voice emotionless. He felt lost, empty, and overall broken. How could Percy just leave him there? Nico understood that he was angry, after what Eros had said, but that doesn't mean you leave your blind boyfriend in a cave.
Leo placed his hand on Nico's arm.
"Let's go back, huh? You can talk to him there."
"I don't want to talk to him."
Leo was silent. Then he quietly spoke, trying not to have his words echo through the walls.
"I get that you are angry. Heck, I'd be too if Jason left me in a cave, blind. But you guys need to work this out. We can't be arguing over this while we are trying to finish this quest."
Nico stayed silent. Leo sighed and led him back to the ship, and up onto the deck. He let go of his arm as footsteps came running towards them.
"Nico! Oh gods, I'm so sorry. I forgot about you! I should have stayed back to help you. I'm so sorry. Gods, I'm an idiot." Percy's voice was filled with desperation and sadness. He was silent, waiting for Nico to answer, but Nico just really didn't want to answer his boyfriend. He was too hurt and lost. Why had he gotten so attached to this boy? Maybe it was because he helped him so much with dealing with his blindness. But he was too attached. Way too attached. He had promised himself he wouldn't get this attached. And this was the reason he felt so lost and heartbroken.
"Nico? Nico? Answer me." Percy pleaded.
"I don't want to talk right now. I think I need a break..." Nico's voice held no emotion, although he felt so many inside.
"What? A break? A break from what?" Percy sounded slightly panicked.
"From this. Just everything. I'm going to go to a cabin and try to sleep. Don't bother me." Nico sounded harsh and he knew it, but what he was saying was exactly what he needed.
"Are you... Are you breaking up with me?" Percy's voice cracked slightly, as if he was crying, which he probably was.
Nico didn't answer, and just turned, making his way slowly towards the cabins. He didn't walk into the familiar cabin he shared with Percy, he searched for an abandoned one. He just needed to be alone. That was all. He didn't want to break up with Percy. Hades no. But he just needed to get away. Away to clear his head and to think about being able to forgive Percy for leaving him out there. He heard footsteps walking down the hall, and heard faint sobs. He realised they were Percy's. Now he felt more awful. Now he felt guilty. But he just couldn't bring himself to get off the bed. This is what love does to you. It screws you up. It makes you act unlike yourself. And it makes you experience feelings that you've never felt before. Heartbreak, for one. Nico had always believed that he shouldn't fall in love with anyone, because they'd just mess him up. And then he met Percy. And that idea flew out the window. But he still knew that love hurt. And that love was going to screw him up. But he didn't care. He really loved Percy. More than anything. Enough to die for him. After thinking for so long, he realised he needed to apologise to Percy, who thinks they broke up. He never meant it. He was just scared, sad, and confused. He had let Percy crawl into his heart and make a permanent home there. But now, he really didn't care, now, he just felt his love for Percy. And that's all that mattered. All that mattered was his need to apologise. And that's what he went to do.