3: Arrivals

A/N: I'm so sorry for not publishing anything lately, but here you go!  I hope you like it!  Please share/vote/comment if you like it!  xoxo kallie grey

Meredith's POV
I have to tell my kids soon about Andrew and myself. Waking up next to him in that tiny on-call room bed was nice. Comfortable. Like it would feel normal to do for the rest of our lives.

"Hey Mom?" Zola asks.
"Yeah?"
"Are you and Auntie Maggie's friend Andrew dating?" She asks.
"I um. Yes we are. I had planned to tell you with ice cream but it seems you've got it all figured out." I say.
"I like Andrew. He seems nice and you seem happy. I miss daddy still but I'm happy if you're happy." She says.
"Oh god when did you grow up?" I ask, giving her a hug.
"Mom I'm not a little kid anymore!" Zola says squirming out of the hug.
"I know, Zozo." I say. "So you like Andrew?"
"Yeah! He makes us pancakes and his guitar is fun to play. His motorcycle is cool too, but aren't you scared of motorcycles?" Zola asks.
"I am Zo, but he doesn't ride it too much anymore." I say.
"Is he gonna get a car?" She asks.
"I'm not sure. Why don't you ask him tonight at dinner?" I say.
"He's coming for dinner?" Zola says suddenly getting excited.
"Yeah, I thought you guys would like that." I say.
"Yay!" Zola says.

As she says that there's a knock at the door.
"Who's that Mom?" Zola asks.
"I don't know. Let me go check." I say and walk over.

"No fucking way." I say.
"Mom!" Zola says.
"Come here sweetie. Who's that?" I ask.
"Auntie Cristina!"

Zola runs over and opens the door.
"Zola? You've grown up so much! How are you?" Cristina asks.
"I've missed you Auntie Cristina!" Zola says and gives Cristina a huge hug.

"Hey stranger. Long time no see." I say to my person.
"Hey stranger." She says, putting Zola down.
"Why are you here?" I ask.
"Do I need a reason to see my best friend and her family?" Cristina says.
"No, I'm just surprised that you're here." I say.
"I am a little too, honestly." She says.

"So how are you doing without Derek?"  Cristina asks.  
"I'm fine.  It was rough at first but it's been a few years now so it doesn't hurt as much."  I say, thinking about Andrew.  
"Are you seeing anyone new?"  She asks.  
"I am actually, and it's going well.  Zola was just asking about him actually."  I say.  
"He's met the kids?"  
"Yeah he dated Maggie for a while a couple years ago, when Ellis was just born."  
"Wait is this the intern with the hair that looks the exact same as Derek's?"  Cristina asks.  
"His hair... oh my god you are so right!  That's too funny!"  I say.  "Yeah it's Andrew Deluca and he's been absolutely amazing and it feels good."
"Well I'm glad you're happy.  So I want to move back to Seattle.  I'm done with Switzerland and I need a change and I want to come home."  Cristina says.  
"So much has changed since you've been gone.  We have tons of new doctors and the dynamics are different, there are tons of new updates to the operating rooms and everything else.  It looks and feels like a totally different hospital than when you left six years ago."  I say.  

The door opens and in walks Andrew.  
"Dr Yang?"  He says stopping in his tracks.  
"Deluca, I heard-"  Cristina gets cut off by Zola and Bailey, who has woken up from a nap, running and jumping onto Andrew.  
"Zola!  Bailey!  We talked about this!"  I remind my kids.  
"Mom!  I'm excited!  Bailey says.  "Auntie Cristina?"
"Hi Bailey, it's been a while!  You've gotten bigger!"  Cristina says, kind of shocked.  
"Momma!"  Ellis says walking in.  
"Zola, did she go down the stairs herself?"  I ask my oldest.  
"No, I carried her down and then ran over when I heard Andrew walk in."  Zola says.  
"Come here Ellis.  How'd you sleep, sweetie?"  Andrew says as my toddler walks over to him.  
"Daddy!  I sleeped good!  Momma, I have ice pop?"  Ellis asks.  
"Sure.  Andrew, can you?"  I ask.  He nods and gets Ellis one of the frozen yogurt pops we keep in the freezer.