Chapter 1- Surprises

"So you're not planning on telling your friends that you came back from America?" Rei asked.

The first day at a new school in a familiar country. After 5 years of living in California and settling down, my dad once again decided to relocate to Japan and brought my mother, little brother, Ichy, and me with him.

"I already planned on surprising them, but the only person who actually knows about me coming back is Gou, otherwise no one else knows."

"Well I'll be off to class now. Have a fun first day of school, Kana-chan!" And with that, Rei left me in front of class 2-1.

--

"Okay class! It appears we have a new student who's recently been added to our class." Ama-sensei smiled in my direction.

"Ohayo! My name's Kanako Ryugazaki, or Kana for short, and I just moved here from America." I shot the class a smile as I finished my introduction.

Ama-sensei's eyes scanned the classroom.

"There's an empty seat between Tachibana-San and Nanase-San, if you want to sit there." Ama-sensei said as she pointed to a seat in the back of the classroom.

I made my way through several aisles of chairs to a desk near the window.

"Ohayo, Mako-chan and Haru-chan!" Makoto and Haru's faces were plastered with surprise.

"Ohayo, Kana-chan." Makoto greeted me with a tilt of his head, while Haru gave me a simple wave of his hand.

--

"KANA-CHAN!" Nagisa ran up to me and gave a bear hug, tears streaming down his face.

"Why didn't you tell us earlier that you moved back home?" Haru questioned as he opened up his lunch.

"You know Kana-chan, she just LOVES surprises." Gou chuckled, joining the conversation.

"Oh, I almost forgot to introduce you to Rei, the new addition to the swim club." A sweatdrop rolled down Nagisa's forehead.

"Umm... Nagisa-kun... Kana-chan and I are actually cousins." Rei shyly explained to him.

"MY HEAD'S GONNA EXPLODE BECAUSE OF ALL THESE SURPRISES." Nagisa started running around the roof and we all chuckled.

"We're really happy to have you back, Kana-chan." Makoto thought to himself.

--

A/N: I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. This is my very first time writing a fanfic and I only recently got ideas for to write. If you enjoyed this chapter, feel free to vote for it if you want. Thanks for reading :) -Kat