Chapter 6

Chanel

After my little episode Cairo let me soak in his tub and watch a movie in his bed. He was downstairs making us a few sandwiches just as a movie snack. He came upstairs with a plate stacked high with grilled sandwiches and a family size bag of salt and vinegar chips which happened to be my favorite kind.

"Thank you.." i said watching him get in the bed next to me, he just nodded sitting the bag and the plate between us i had a water bottle already and he had gotten himself the whole gallon of juice.

I played the movie and laid back enjoying my sandwich, i swear shit was awkward as hell. He had taken off his shirt and i was trying hard to control myself and not look but the more i sat there the more it took to contain myself. I crossed my legs staring at the screen, i could feel his eyes piercing through my skin making me feel a little hot.

"You good over there look like you having an issue with something" he said with that same smirk on his face, he acted like he knew the issue.

"I'm good just cold" i slipped under the cover putting my back to him continuing to watch the movie. He'd gotten ne the shortest shorts i had and a crop top to sleep in and i decided to wear it just to tease him a bit but it seemed to just be backfiring on me.

CAIRO

I stared at Chanel for a bit before yawning and stretching back. It was hot as hell and she was under the covers like it was freezing. I think the main reason was because she had them short ass shorts i picked out for her. Hell yea i did it on purpose too i had to see what she was working with before i took it a step further.

"You can stop staring me down i swear if you had laser eyes i'd be burnt to a crisp" she said looking back at me, she was damn right too.

I moved the plate and the bag of chips to the nightstand scooting closer. She didn't move so assumed thats what she had been waiting for this whole time. "You can stop playing with me now" i said moving the covers off her.

"I really am cold move Cairo" she said snatching them back onto her.

"Shit then im freezing too" i got under the sheet moving closer until our skin touched. She was soft as hell. I slid my arm under her pulling her to me, for whatever odd reason i ain't even wanna fuck her yet, just being close to her was enough. I felt her body relax and she turned to face me, her face had softened and she laid her head on my chest putting her arm around me. I grabbed the remote turning the tv off putting all my attention on her and with that we fell asleep.

8:30 A.M

We both were woken up by the banging on the front door. I sat up looking over at the time, it was too early for this shit man. I got up letting Chanel lay there. Whoever it was was bout to get popped banging on the door this fucking early.

I heard the bang again followed by "LAPD! Open up!" I smacked my teeth grabbing a shirt and going to the door these niggas were here of course trying to pin something else on me. If it wasn't the chief wasn't speaking shit. I yanked the door open staring at them blank.

"Cairo Alexander, notorious kingpin in trouble once again...you know how many people died because of you last night hmm" one of the officers asked.

"Aye listen i ain't have shit to do with them shootings and unless yall chief come talk to me bout the shit i ain't answering no questions" i said about to shut the door. He placed his hand on the door forcing it open. 12 ain't know when enough was enough now if i were to retaliate he would fear for his life after provoking me.

"Actually we have a warrant for your arrest along with the girl you were with, witnesses say they saw you flee the scene is she here" he held up a paper smiling.

"Nah i don't know where she i-"

"Cairo whats going on you taking too long to come back to the bed" Chanel said coming down rubbing her eyes. Perfect timing here to fuck shit up.

"Aye go back upstairs i'm coming" i said not even turning around. The police stared at me then at her before ordering her to come to the door. Just fucking great right. She came and stood next to me in shock.

"We have a warrant for your arrest miss..you were spotted fleeing the scene with Mr.Alexander here" he said trying to sound as nice as possible.

"What?? I'm a victim here MY house was shot u-"

"Alright enough talking" he said snatching her off the door almost making her fall.

"Ayo don't put ya fucking hands on her" i snapped pushing him back grabbing her. He put his hand on his gun and i put my hand on mine pushing her further behind me.

"Cairo no alright lets just go we innocent we can get out of this..." Chanel moved my hand holding her hands out they both cuffed us up and shoved us in the back of the car.

We looked at each other before looking straight ahead, this nigga better have a good reason as to why he arresting both of us or imma blow thte whole station up.