Chapter 4

Last time:

'Some popular a cappella group my friends like, they kept trying to get me to listen to them, but I just never did until recently...they're just not my usual type of music' Lei explained. 'But you like them now?' Avi asked, his heart beating faster. 'Yea, I've only listened to the new stuff mostly, I haven't had time to go back and listen to any of the older stuff' Lei replied. 'Yea they're pretty good, I've heard a few songs from them' Avi smirked. 'Mmmm yea...' Lei replied as she quickly washed up and got out. 'I'm going to get some sleep' Lei said a moment later as she finished her wine and crawled into bed. 'I should as well...goodnight firefly, I love you' Avi said, climbing into bed himself. 'Goodnight dragon...' came the sleepy reply, as Avi rolled over and closed his eyes.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Life was pretty normal over the next several days and weeks. Avi and Lei continued to talk every day. Lei had transitioned into a work from home position with her publishing company, while Avi had spent his time in the recording studio and working on videos. He was also preparing a small tour as well. Before long July rolled around as Avi boarded a plane for California. He was excited to be going back to A Cappella Academy again this year. A Cappella Academy was still going strong, they were into their fifth year now.

'I wish you could be here with me...these kids are so talented!!' Avi exclaimed. 'Where are you?' Lei asked. 'I'm headed to a music camp, well after I visit my family...which I would love for you to meet someday' Avi replied, as he boarded his plane. 'That would be lovely' Lei replied with a smile as she went to refill her coffee. 'Also I'll be traveling soon, so if I seem preoccupied I'm sorry and I don't mean to ignore you if I do, it's just going to be really busy for me this month and next' Avi explained quickly, hoping she wouldn't be mad or upset with him. 'It's okay dragonfly, I understand, you've got things to do and to be honest it kind of works out, I've got a big project I'm working on right now at work. And I'll need to be really focused' Lei assured him.

Avi sighed with relief, 'Okay...I was just worried you might be upset....' 'How could I? We're still individual people after all, but I will miss you' Lei commented. 'I'll miss you as well but don't worry I'll still have down time so I won't always be tied up' Avi said. 'I'm glad to hear that' Lei said with a smile. 'Then I'll have about a month off before I'll be slammed again' Avi added. 'At least you'll have a break' Lei replied. 'That's true, it's why I planned it that way' Avi said with a chuckle. 'Oh sneaky...' Lei giggled. 'Well you know, it's nice to be your own boss' Avi chuckled. 'Mmm...' Lei hummed taking a sip of her coffee. 'So what are the plans for today then?' Avi asked as he found his seat and sat down, getting himself situated.

Lei sighed, 'I guess I should really get started on this project if I'm going to get this day off next month.' 'Big plans?' Avi asked as he popped in some headphones. 'Nothing too fancy to be honest just a nice day off and some time with my friends' Lei commented as she sat down at her computer. 'It's always good to just take a break and relax' Avi agreed, as he pulled out a notebook and pen. It wasn't a long flight but he might as well do something with the next few hours. 'I could definitely use it, it's been so long since I've had a day off or gone on a decent vacation' Lei commented. 'One day when we're together we should go...I'll take you wherever you want' Avi said. 'Anywhere?' Lei asked.

'Anywhere you want' Avi confirmed. 'It's a deal then, but just remember you said anywhere' Lei teased slightly. 'I promise, I'll remember' Avi reassured her. Lei smiled, 'Good.' Lei took the next few hours to work on her project. 'What are you going to be doing at the music camp?' Lei asked. 'I teach in all different areas, but my favorite is songwriting and composition' Avi said. 'That's awesome, I'm pretty good at writing, but not so much on the composition' Lei commented. 'I'm sure I could help you with it at some point' Avi offered. 'I would love that' Lei said.