Chapter Four: Rose.

The world had turned to garbage in two thousand fourteen. It was pathetic, or so I thought. I mean saggy pants, duck faces, emo children, and these...these preppy people. Truly? Time has been unkind to the intillect of most humans. Though a few people were smart and intelligent, like Jutes friend Abbi. It was strange seeing things through this young boys beautiful eyes. Sure Jute was intelligent, wise for his age, and very natural but his social standing was pathetic. People called him a freak, strange, weird, and different yet he enjoyed it. He was proud to be different and uniuqe. As he put it "Being normal is too boring." I was proud of him. At least one of my descendants was descent. Now in my day I was a Lady. One of grace, elegance, power, and knowledge.

            People would come to me in my little Manor house and beg me and pay me for my potions, tonics, poisons, and toxins. My charms, spells, runes, and blessings. If you look back at me today I was a white Marie Laveau. Just less famous. Though I was accused of being a witch half the time my coins and silver tounge kept me from being burned at the stake or lynched at the gallows. As a Witch my specialties were Divination and Aeromancy much like Jutes. I started practicing at the age of thirteen when my Mother taught me a few things. Once again much like Jutes life. We were...are a lot more in common than he thinks. Except he has no true friends. No lover, or as they say now a days BFF. I had one friend. Who I ended up killing. It was a regretful mistake, that I regret...no...I don't regret it. I enjoyed it. I enjoyed the sight of the castle guards carrying her away by her arms restraining her. Jute knows her. She has been re-incarnated into his friend Nikki. Beautiful and smart girl. Very energetic and child-like. Except now she is distant from us...maybe a small part of her remembers what had happened. 

            I had a spell to do. One to bring a curse of bad luck upon an enemy of Jutes. They called him the Jolly Green giant. I could take over  for a small ammount of time. I gathered the ingredients that would work that lie around the house and improvised with them. I used a small half clam shell and filled it with water to resemble a chalice. I got an old Athame, with a deers foot for the handle to represent fire. I grabbed the Buck skull from above the door and used it to represent Spirit. I used an old rusty cowbell to represent air and for Earth I got a stone and carved a pentacle in it with the Athame. I then began to place black candles going from each of the tools to create a pentacle. In the center I placed a picture of the Giant and gathered the old neclace wrapped around Jutes neck. In the center was a beautiful crimson ruby or gem. I looked at each tool and around the circle thrice I went speaking each time.

           "Invoko Spiritus. Invoko Terra. Invoke Ventus. Invoko Pyro. Invoko Aqua." I repeated the chant over and over again. Then I took the Athame and pricked his finger. Allowing blood to drop on the Amulet which lie across the small picture some of the blood dripping off the side onto the picture. I blew on the amulet and waved the bell over it. I then placed it on the Deer skull and let it set for an hour. I took the amulet and wrapped it around Jutes neck. When he thinks of the Giant or in his prescence waves of negativity and bad luck will flow upon the Giant. Sickness, pain, misery,and bad luck. Only by the waters of that clam shell and blessed by Jute or myself would the curse be removed from the Gem.  

              I quickly cleaned up my red-neck altar and sighed putting the tools inside it for the lid of it opened. Next thing I knew I was walking to the cemetary. As soon as I arrived I walked to each grave slowly and bowed my head to them. Imagining a relaxing smile across their spirits face as I did. I walked to the strowed flowers and placed them by graves that had none. I cleaned off the ones with cobwebs and things stuck in the cracks and crevasses. I sat in the center of the graveyard and began to meditate, chanting slowly. "Requiem manes nunc. Constat enim vobis petitum. Circulus ut iterum incipiamus."