Surprise visit

I haven't walked this hallway so it was no surprise that the people at Noah's workplace were shocked to see me. Most of the employees tried to hide their stares but I could still feel curious eyes follow me as I walked through the halls.

The sounds of my stilettos were loud as I made my way towards the private elevator that would lead me to the topmost part of this building where Noah's office was located. The Arietta's were known for their modern and magnificent building style and this one was no exception. The hallways were serene as their lobbies were gorgeous. Even the elevators were a sight to behold. The gold and silver trimmings around the doors matched the mirrors that surrounded the inside of the elevator. Every little detail inside was thought of.

Once inside the elevator, I was so fascinated with the interior that I didn't hear the ding. It was not until the doors open I realized I had reached the penthouse.

Nilo met me as I stepped out.

"Miss Maya, the lobby receptionist informed me you were here. I'm so sorry I wasn't able to accompany you up," Nilo said, apologetic. "Did Janice make an appointment and I missed it?" He was confused somehow and looked at his tablet, clearly checking if there was a scheduled meeting with me.

"No, no. I was in the area and I needed to talk to Noah about something important," I said.

"Oh, okay," he said, looking up from his gadget.

"I'm so sorry, talaga," I said, suddenly feeling stupid by my rush decision to come here and confront his boss.Now, what?"Is this a bad time ba?"

"No, ahhh, actually yes," he said. "I'm sure Sir Noah will be delighted to see you Ms. Maya, but you see he is still in a conference call right now. And it's a very important call."

"No worries, Nilo. I can wait," I informed him, smiling as he nodded.

He ushered me to one of the luxurious couch situated in the middle of their posh receiving area.

"Do you want something?" he asked. "Juice, wine ... anything, Miss Maya?"

I shook my head.

"Are you sure po?"

"Yes. Don't hassle yourself."

"I'll go and see if I can squeeze you in as soon as possible. I won't be long, I promise." He left me and said something to one of the secretaries stationed outside Noah's office before entering said office. The secretaries gave me surreptitious glances as I waited for Nilo to come back. I smiled at them, hoping they wouldn't give me another second of their time.

After a few minutes, Nilo came back out and informed I was ready to be entertained by my fiancé.

"It's a good thing Sir Noah was able to wrap up the conference call early so you didn't have to wait that long," he said, smiling as he ushered me towards Noah's office. "Gusto ko pa rin humingi ng paumanhin for making you wait, Miss Maya."

"Ako naman ang sumulpot ng walang paalam so there's no need for apologies," I replied.

He gave me a small nod in agreement and opened the door to the office ... a very large office. All around were glass windows from floor to ceiling, offering a three hundred degree view of the skyline. I was used to this kind of architecture but this was still impressive. It spoke of grandeur and polished elegance, something you associate the Ariettas' with. Noah was an Arietta, and the Ariettas didn't do anything half assed. I should know because that was one of the reasons I had to marry Noah.

There was a soft click of the door signaling Nilo's departure from the room and I took a step forward. A large, clean glass table was the centerpiece of the whole room, occupying most of the west side of the room. It was opulent and hard to ignore. And Noah sitting there made it impossible for one to not pay attention. He was a handsome man; I knew that. But him sitting all high and mighty like he owned the whole damn world made him more attractive. I hated to admit that but it was the truth.