Us Against the World - a chris martin fan fic

Chapter 1- the heartbreak

"in the elevator, and down 6 floors, out the door and on the freezing street" I think to myself as i step into the gold colored elevator. Its been 4 years ive had this job as one of the Exec. Producers for Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. Its a dream come true as some might say. I smile to myself as i look back on all the tough obstacles i overcame. College, working for those assholes as an intern. Ahha it was TOTALLY WORTH IT. Just as im about to push the button for the first floor, the door quickly opens. Standing in front of me is my good friend, and awesome colleuge Seth Meyers. "hey seth" i say causually, smiling at him. "Hey, blake how's it going?" "Pretty good, Jimmy is freaking out because of his new puppy. Its all he talks about now" i say smiling at the thought. "Well i guess some things never change" seth says, with that mega-watt smile that could stop a truck. This man may be my friend, but lets face it... He's hot. End of story. Seth's voice takes me back to planet earth "so did Chris tell you?" "Tell me what?" I'm surprised.. Chris usually tells me everything. "His band is the musical guest on Next week's show!" Seth says enthusiastically. "I didn't know that! I'm gonna kill him for not telling me" "wow things do never change" he says, causing me laugh "shut up meyers" i say in between laughter. We spend the next few minutes talking about work, and such, until the sudden DING! Of the elevator goes off. "Ill see you later i guess" He says, smiling at me. "Yeah, totally, i mean were only 2 floors away" "bye blake" "bye seth!"

*25 MINUTES LATER*

I find myself on the 8th floor of the best apartment building in the world, my home. I overlook the events that had occurred in the following day- good fun, seth, and just life.. I smile as i reach my door, and put the key in the door, but that smile suddenly turns to a frown when i see the one, the only Christopher Martin on my living room couch sobbing while eating chocolate... Typical. "WHAT HAPPENED??" I ask, with deep concern in my voice, I've never seen him this upset before. "She... She.... CHEATED" he half shouts, and throws his arms at me and cries into my chest. I. Can't. Believe. This.