08 ~ Larry Reunited

Ivy’s POV

It was an early morning at the café. Unsurprisingly, our little franchise had become a lot more popular ever since the paparazzi had snapped that shot of Harry Styles and that girl with the curly brown hair, I never got her name. Teenage girls were loitering around the perimeter of the café, waiting for any sign of the return of the curly haired boy that they were so in love with. As I collected the empty coffee cups from a table I saw him. His straight, brown hair swept across his forehead. He was wearing aviators and of course striped shirt, his trademark item of clothing. He slowly walked pass the café on the opposite side of the street, obviously having seen the masses of teenage girls and hoping to not cause a commotion. He had already turned round the corner when one of the girls questioned loudly, “WAS THAT LOUIS?!”

I quickly returned inside before the girls began screaming. There was a strange feeling in the pit of my stomach. Butterflies. Why did a guy that I had only seen in person once, make me have butterflies?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Louis’ POV

Phew! That was a close one. Thank god Harry’s house was near, I didn’t want to run late and as much as I loved meeting the fans, Harry had seemed excited on the phone when I talked to him, and I wanted to know what he was going on about. But I had seen a girl on my way here, tall with brown hair and brown eyes. There was something about her…

I reached the door of Anne’s house and rang the doorbell twice. I saw figure coming towards the door through the tinted glass panels and Anne opened the door. “Louis! How are you darling? Come in. Are you hungry, can I get you anything to drink?” she asked with her usual courtesy. “No thank you,” I said as I pulled out of her tight hug. “Harry is just upstairs with…” she said beaming. “With who?” I asked. She just gestured her head towards the stairs.

I looked at her, confused, but slowly began to walk up the stairs. Harry’s bedroom door was shut so I reached out and opened it, not bothering to knock; we were pretty open about everything in front of each other. I opened the door completely and realised that not knocking was probably a mistake. He was there lying on his bed, making out with some girl, his laptop wide open, still playing the movie that they were supposedly watching. “Hel- Oh shit! Sorry!” I said quickly shutting the door. I mean, they were fully clothed and everything, but it’s awkward to walk into stuff like that…

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harry’s POV

I quickly jumped off Maddie when I saw the door swing open. “Hel- Oh shit! Sorry!” Louis said, banging the door closed again. I looked down at Maddie, her cheeks quickly turning red. “Um… I guess you get to meet Louis now,” I said, pushing a loose strand of hair behind her ear. “I guess I do,” she said with a small smile.

We got up off the bed and I slowly opened the door to see Louis awkwardly standing there by the stair case. I gave him a cheeky grin and walked over to greet him. “Hi Mate! How’s your break been?” I asked, pulling him into a bear hug. “Good,” he replied, frantically twitching his eyes in Maddie’s direction. She was standing shyly behind me. “Um, this is Maddie, and she is… my neighbour.” I said. To be honest, I didn’t know what Maddie and I were right now. I just knew that we had a great time around each other and she made me happy. I still had no idea how I would ask her if she would exclusively go out with me. She stepped forward and shook Louis’ hand. “It’s nice to meet you,” she said, her dimples appearing as she smiled sweetly. “You too,” Lou replied, smiling back. “Um, I’m going to go downstairs and get some water,” she said and smiled, leaving the two of us alone.

“So is this the news that you’ve been waiting to tell me?” Louis asked, smirking. “Yeah mate, but I need your help. I want to ask her to be my girlfriend.” I said looking down at the ground. I really valued Louis’ opinion so I wanted to know what he thought. “Well, you seem really happy around her. I mean I could hear you smiling through the phone when you mentioner you ‘special news’. But, exactly how long have you been seeing her?”. This was the bit I was worried about. Lou would probably tell me that I was taking things too quickly.

“Well, we started going out 3 weeks ago but just like, hanging out-““And this ‘hanging out’ didn’t involve any intimacy?” He said, eyeing me carefully. A cheeky smile broke out over my face. “Oh Harold,” he said sighing. “But the thing is,” I interrupted,” we went to school together so it’s not like we just met. And as I said, we’re neighbours.” I stared at him patiently, waiting for a response. “I can say what I want, but at the end of the day, it’s how you feel about her, and your feelings do seem genuine. So yes, I shall help you in asking her to be your girlfriend,” he said, hand on hip. Gosh he was sassy. “Thanks mate,” I said appreciatively as I heard Maddie making conversation with my mother.

My mum absolutely loved Maddie. She’d known Maddie since she was little and I think she was excited to see a girl in my life that made me really happy. But everybody got along with Maddie I guess. Niall loved her ever since she baked those brownies; Gemma had enjoyed shopping with her, and my mum adored her personality. I couldn’t wait for the rest of the boys to meet her. I was excited to return to London and get to work on the new album, and what had made it even better, was that Maddie was coming with me. She was leaving a week after I would, and I was slightly glad about this. This way, entertainment reporters wouldn’t be able to start up some story about our relationship if we arrived at different times and paparazzi only got photos of my by myself…

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maddie’s POV

These past couple weeks with Harry had been amazing.  He had been so adorable, taking me out to lunch, making me dinner; he’d even left flowers on my porch. My mother was happy to see me happy, but of course my dad was being over protective, muttering things underneath his breath whenever Harry would pick me up to take me out somewhere. I didn’t care though, my summer was turning out to be the most amazing one that I had ever had, and nobody’s surly behaviour would ruin it. But I was slightly concerned as to why he hadn’t asked me to be his girlfriend yet. I mean, we had spent every day together since that night at the movies. Maybe I was getting too worried about it. But we would be spending time together in London. He was leaving next week and I the week after. So really, if he did want me to be his girlfriend, he’d have to do it before next week, or things would be kind of awkward in London.

I just really liked him, and his family were so nice. I was enjoying my last few weeks of summer and I didn’t want to let my paranoia of if Harry would ask me to be his girlfriend ruin it. I looked up and saw him and Louis coming down the stairs to join Anne and myself at the table. I stared in appreciation at the boy that I had been able to call mine for the past couple of weeks. I wonder if he felt for me what I felt for him…

End of Chapter 8! Sorry I haven’t uploaded in ages :/ Just please let me know what you thought of this chapter because I really want to get some opinions. Thanks :) xx