seasons - luwoo

seasons - luwoo

yukhei dropped his bags on the floor of his dorm room, excitement overpowering the deafening fatigue that was bound to take over him any time now.
"you're smiling so wide it's almost like you want to get away from us," ten commented, dropping his own bags next to yukhei's.
"oh, ten ge, it's not like that," yukhei turned to where ten was laughing quietly at his reaction. he pouted and shoved ten, who shoved back playfully.
"it's okay, i know how much you've missed him. talking on the phone isn't the same," ten looked away, a faraway glaze taking over his eyes.
yukhei connected the dots easily, "you miss johnny hyung, don't you?"
ten looked aghast that he'd been found out. still, there was a rosy tint that spread across his cheeks, and he ducked his head as he smiled.
"aww," yukhei cooed, reaching out and pinching ten's cheek.
ten batted his hand away, shooting him a dirty look in the process. yukhei laughed and raised his hands in defense, pure giddiness rising in his veins.
it had been almost seven months since the two had seen each other. jungwoo was busy with 127 activities, and he had gone on a world tour in the time they had been apart. yukhei's activities were nowhere as adventurous, but he had made his debut in wayv and had appeared on different variety shows.
"go on, go see him. you look like you're dying just waiting to see him," ten observed with a smirk.
butterflies erupted in his stomach as he processed the fact that he was really going to see jungwoo again. he had missed him so much, it was simply indescribable.
"okay, okay, okay, i'm going now," yukhei breathed out, letting a bashful smile spread to his lips.
ten pushed him towards the door, rolling his eyes as yukhei let out an excited yell.
the walk to the 127 dorm wasn't long. in fact, it was too short for yukhei's liking. he didn't have enough time to get his nerves under control.
jungwoo was a changed man. he had been to america, canada, france, the uk, it was crazy. he had seen so many of their fans, he had gotten closer to mark and johnny. even though they had called and texted each other -
"yukhei?"
he hadn't realized he was already standing in front of jungwoo's room.
he slowly raised his gaze until they settled on the boy in front of him.
jungwoo's eyes were bright, even though his hair was mussed as if he had just awoken.
"jungwoo," yukhei breathed, not able to summon a joke at the sight of his best friend in front of him.
and then they were hugging, yukhei launching himself into jungwoo, their bodies colliding semi-painfully. yukhei wrapped his arms around jungwoo tightly, the two of them rocking back and forth.
all the worries that had been running through yukhei's mind had vanished, leaving nothing but euphoria.
he was so glad to be back with jungwoo.
when the two pulled apart, jungwoo's eyes were sparkling, both with tears and happiness.
"i missed you," jungwoo mumbled, pawing at his eyes aggressively.
yukhei wanted nothing more than to kiss jungwoo, like he did on nct's new year's party. it had been their first and only kiss until now.
yukhei took the chance and closed his eyes. he leaned in, allowing jungwoo to push him away if that was what he wanted.
instead, he felt a soft pair of lips attach to his own, and a warm pair of hands cupping his face.
yukhei tugged jungwoo closer, tossing one hand into the older's hair.
the kiss was soft and slow, both of them savoring the contact. jungwoo pulled yukhei into the room, pushing him against the wall and shutting the door with his foot.
though seasons had passed since the two had last seen each other - winter, spring, and half of summer - it felt like the kiss made up for their missed days. it warmed up all the winter days that yukhei felt cold as he walked to work, and all the nights that jungwoo had gone to bed cold and lonely in a foreign country.
it heated yukhei's core, warming him from the inside out and bringing him closer to jungwoo.
jungwoo pulled back first, catching his breath as he surveyed yukhei's face.
he traced the curve of yukhei's jaw, a lilting smile playing at his lips. jungwoo's blonde hair was long, but is was as soft as ever and yukhei carded his hand through it gently.
"i'm glad you're back," jungwoo whispered, pulling yukehi with him as he walked towards his bed.
"i've always been here, woo," yukhei whispered back, smiling at the soft pink pigment rising up jungwoo's cheeks.
"do you wanna watch cartoons with me?" jungwoo asked uncertainly, like maybe yukhei's tv preferences had changed.
a goofy smile took over yukhei's face as he leaned in and pecked a kiss to jungwoo's lips.
"of course i do. anything with you."