chapter one

Reader's p.o.v

It's a beautiful sunny day in the crowded New York. Kids are playing outside, teenagers are messing around in the streets and adults are doing adult stuff. Everything is perfect for everyone, except me. You see, I'm running from a group of buff guys in sport cars with the speed of a cheetah and I mean it when I say speed of a cheetah cause the dum dums that I am running from made me this way.

Let me tell you how I got in this situation. Me and my mom went to the grocery store to get food, when, in the  corner of my eye I see this boy getting bullied so my heroic 6 year old ass decided to stand up for him and let me tell you, I showed that bully what those guns could do. But I think my heroism caught the wrong eye because in the next 5 minutes I was snatched up and thrown into a van.

My kidnapper, or better said kidnappers, held me in a small metal room for 8 years, 8 years of pure hell. Everyday for 8 years I got tested on by weird science guys and if I didn't obey they would torture me and threaten me;I even had to watch the way they tortured my mom until she fell dead on the cold floor, and all that happened because I tried to escape once. The tests gave me the abilities of any animal you could think of and gave me more knowledge than anyone should have. Now that I have nothing to lose and that I discovered how to use most of these abilities, I decided to make a run for it.

I made a hairpin curve between

the buildings and lost them, after that I entered a store and the guy that worked there thought I was a homeless 14 year old so he let me stay in the back of the store for awhile but only if I worked there during the days when he had other stuff to do and he was also nice enough to let me consume anything I want from the store.

That was a year ago, because one day Iron dude decided to be humble and  step into the small store.

"Hello, that would be 14.65" I said after looking at what the man was holding in his hands. He looked at me impressed "that was fast" he chuckled and pulled out his wallet "smarts" I whispered and pointed to my head "I see, but aren't you a little young to be working" he asked curious "you could say so, Tony" he cocked an eyebrow at the mention of his name "you should also be at school" he said and held the money out "not everything is as simple as you think" I pulled the money out of his hand "tell me about the rough life of a 10 y/o" he leaned on the counter. The sentence made me furious so I threw the change at him and told him to leave.

Tony kept coming there after the incident and I was always cold with him and ignored his questions until I finally let it go and told him everything and how my life wasn't as easy as he thought. And now, guess what, I live in a big luxurious house and I start highschool tomorrow. I will finally be a normal teenager, all because of Tony.

Hope you liked the first chapter!