one

Kaycee's POV

"Honey, what time do you have to be at the studio?" my mother asks from the bottom of the stairs.

"I think the class starts at 9:30PM, so I'd like to be there by 9 if that's possible." I say back to her as I look through my closet to find something to wear to dance.

"Alright, just come down when you're ready." she says back to me

I stay silent as I continue to browse through my leggings. I end up choosing a black nike pair and a black hoodie that says "Spiritual Gangster". Deciding to put on a white hat to control my unruly hair. Taking one last look at my appearance and deciding that's the best it's going to get after a long day of trying to get the courage to actually go to class. I open my door and go downstairs.

"Who's teaching tonight, kayc?" my mom asks me once she sees me turn around the corner into the kitchen.

"Matt is, I know Bailey and Tahani are going to be there for sure." I tell her as I grab my water bottle and start feeling it up for class.

"That sounds great honey, I'm so glad you're taking classes again. I know after the whole Gabe thing, it was hard for you to get back into classes." my mom says and my mood instantly falters

"Mom, please don't bring that up. I'm so nervous that he's going to show up, but I'm going to have to push through it regardless. I can't let this ruin my career any longer, mom." I say shaking my head sightly.

"I understand that sweetie, and I'm sorry. But, I am so proud of you and I always will be." she says walking over to me and hugging me softly.

"Alright let's go so we can get you there on time." she says after we pull apart

--

We pull up to Millenium and my mom told me to call her when I'm ready to be picked up.

I walk through the doors and see my friends standing with Matt near the front of the room. I walked over and put my stuff down next to theirs and join the conversation.

"Hey kayc! I'm so glad that you made it tonight!" Matt says pulling me into a hug.

"Thank you, I'm so happy that I made it." I say as we pull away, Matt walks away to go greet all the other students and I turn to Bailey and Tahani.

"I've missed you guys so much!" I say as we do a group hug

"We really need to do some catching up, do you guys think you could come to the lake house this weekend? My dad's doing a cookout and inviting some friends over." I ask them

I get a yes from them both and mentally note to tell my mom that they'll be joining us tomorrow.

"So, do you think Gabe's going to show up after that fight you guys had?" Bailey asks the question I've been dreading the most.

"Honestly, I have no idea. I hope I never have to see him again." I say truthfully

"I know you're going to have to see him eventually, and when you do, he owes you the biggest apology in the universe. He's such a jerk." Tahani tells me

"I know, and honestly, maybe he's right. I need to train more and try to become a better dancer. That's why I finally decided to start taking classes again." I say sadly

"Listen to me, you are one of the best dancers in the industry now. You're so versatile and he is just jealous that he can't keep up with your success. He felt like he needed to put you down to make himself feel better." Bailey said to me as she grabbed my shoulders to try to make me understand her.