a girl and a guard

Charity walked slowly down the corridors, holding on to the large pristine vase that the unknown requested for.
She did
not mind much, she no longer worked in the farms or sleep in the slaves quarters. She was however amused by the unknown's fascination of every day items.
Charity wondered if it was a facade. The unknown she saw in the tree was drastically different
From the one who wanted to fill this large vase with flowers.
"There you are Charity. I've been looking everywhere for you. "
Charity stopped abruptly. She knew that voice anywhere. He was the last person she wanted to see.
The red bearded guard put his large grimy hands on her bare shoulders. She swallowed hard, preparing for the worst.
"You look nice, is that because you're not working like you're supposed to?"
"I...was ordered not to by the princess." She hated that her voice was shaking. She wanted so badly to get used to this feeling but everytime she saw his face her muscles tightened, almost betraying her mind's plea not to run.
"Yes I know. She wants to keep that wannabe god entertained."
The word entertained was slurred suggestively. His hands moved from her shoulders to her chest. She shut her eyes tightly.
'He's going to do it here?' Charity thought in dismay.
"Charity, what's taking so long?"
Charity's eyes flew open. The unknown walked up to them with a passive face.
She looked down; she did not want him to see her like this.
"What are you doing?" He asked the guard.
" I'm busy, you can do her when I'm done."
The unknown hummed as if trying to process the information and then turned to Charity.
"Charity look at me."
She slowly looked up to him and saw that his face had softened a bit.
"It's all up to you. Do you want this?"
She didn't. She resented it with every fiber of her being but years of slavery taught her to never refuse a request. She had scars on her back to remind her.
The red guard continued stroking her breast violently. She was suddenly overwhelmed by years of suppressed hate. She wanted to hurt him.
"No. Please no! I don't want it!" She said begging herself not to cry.
He nodded and walked up to her.
"Who the hell do you think you..."
The red guard stopped abruptly. Charity turned to stare at him.
His eyes were shrunken in horror and his face was whitewashed.
She knew what happened. He had seen an unknown different from the one standing before them.
He let out a blood curdling scream and yanked his hands away from Charity. He stepped back and tripped on his own feet.
The unknown looking unbothered  took the vase from Charity.
"Let's go." He said and stared walking away. She turned to the red guard again and saw that his mouth was frothing, he kicked and trashed around manically.
She ran up to the unknown, feeling guilty for being happy about his pain.
"Did he see what I saw?" She asked once she was close enough.
"No, you saw me in my glory of your own accord. He saw a bit of my darkness." There was no vanity or pride in his words.
"Thank you." She whispered
"Don't thank me. You freed yourself,  I just helped. "
Charity smiled and walked ahead to open the door to his room. She couldn't doubt who he was any longer.