Chapter Eight

CHERRY REREAD THE PAGE for what seemed like the tenth time, wanting the spell to go right

      CHERRY REREAD THE PAGE for what seemed like the tenth time, wanting the spell to go right. Despite the worry and fear that filled her, she wasn't going to talk herself out of it. This would help them find Will, she was sure of it, and she didn't want to let the party down.

      "Dude, this is so cool," Dustin whispered over to Mike and Lucas. "I mean, Cherry's the coolest girl we know-now she's a witch! A freaking witch! Imagine if her and El used their powers together...this is insane."

      "Yeah, but what if something goes wrong?" Lucas replied, glancing over at Cherry. "She's not showing it, but she seems nervous."

      "She's Cherry," Mike reminded. "She's got this, we just have to believe in her."

      Allison smiled softly at the Wheeler boy's words, she could see why her sister was so fond of the boys-had she ever overcame her disorder to get out a lot more, she could see herself hanging out with her sister and the boys, even El. Allison found herself looking over to the young girl with the blonde wig, in a way, she saw herself in Eleven.

      Allison scooted over closer to the girl, shooting her a warm smile. "So, Eleven's a pretty cool name."

      Eleven gave her a weak smile. "Thank you."

      It was hard for El to trust people, but anyone Cherry or Mike seemed to like or trust-she liked them too. Seeing as how Allison was Cherry's sister too, she wanted to be as nice to the elder Jones girl as she could.

      Eleven reached up, taking a strand of Allison's hair in her hand, twisting it around in her fingers. "Pretty..."

      "Thank you," Allison beamed. Eleven released the strand of hair before staring back at picture on a nearby shelf. Allison took notice of it and grinned.

      "I took that one, the picture." Allison informed her proudly. It was a picture of Cherry during her 12th birthday(back in her braces and glasses era) and Steve with his arm around her and cake smudge on his face.

      "I want one," El responded. "A picture."

      "I'll do my best to make it happen," Allison promised. "Sooner or later."

      "Okay, I think I'm ready," Cherry announced. Everyone went to sit in front of her, their legs crossed as they tried not to get to close to the candles surrounding her. Cherry's gave them all a small smile.

      "Just a few things first, the book says it's going to be difficult, if anything, and I mean anything starts to happen to me, try to wake me up, please."

      Lucas raised an eyebrow, "Wake you up?"

      "The spell is going to put me to sleep, or at least physically. My mental mind will be in the alternate dimension," Cherry informed them. She noticed their worried looks, she gave a small sigh. "I'll be alright, guys, honest. Just...wake me up if anything happens. Besides, I have to be fast, you guys have to get back for Will's funeral."