Chapter 3

It was bizarre. No, not bizarre – it was plain ridiculous. I was played, right? Waiting for a reply from Zoe gave me enough time to come up with so many different scenarios in my head such as:

1. Going and knocking on the door and confronting the two of them

2. Driving away and meeting Zoe, hook up with her and get revenge on Kevin

3. Climbing through Kendall's bedroom and knock them out or something...

Or maybe even.... *ding* - message finally!

Zoe texted me back saying to meet her at this strange address... why was it strange, you ask? It seemed familiar, because it was my neighbourhood. I rapidly put the gear in reverse and then put it into first gear and rushed the hell out of there. Once having entered my neighbourhood, I scanned every bit of detail in my way to try and notice if anything stood out compared to the other times I'd pass by here normally and there she was.

She stood there on the side of the road looking on her tiptoes at the opposite direction of where I was coming from. She was so adorable. What was funny though is that she was two blocks away from my house which was so strange since I had just found out she lived near me this whole time. I honked and witnessed her lose balance off the pavement. It was hilarious but damn, I felt something I never felt before. I felt butterflies... ugh what a cliché, Kyle. But it was true.

"Did I scare you?" I chuckled, stopped the car and rolled down the window in front of her.

"Just a little bit," she blushed. I then tilted my head to the right indicating to her to come and sit in the car and go for a drive.

She then gracefully opened the door and sat down but all I could focus on was her cute smile and her honey-coloured eyes that looked green in direct sunlight, I later realized. I couldn't anymore. She stared back at me and slowly parted her lips and said: "Umm, you okay?" (Kyle, wake up! You're daydreaming!) I remember telling myself. "Yes I'm great," I pulled myself together. I started the car and we were off.

It was like a mini road trip and luckily I had the snacks that were supposedly for Kendall which were all devoured by the two of us. We blasted music of our favourite artists out loud, which interestingly enough we both had the same taste, such as Drake, Ariana Grande and even old school legends like the Black Eyed Peas. It was the first time I ever had so much fun without Kendall and Kevin. Just by remembering what they did, I was put in a bad mood once again and I couldn't enjoy the rest of the 'road trip'. I pulled off some laughs and smiles all the way back to her house. My mind, however, was racing.

I couldn't get myself to think of what the reason was for betraying me like that. Why did Kendall have to lie to me and say that she was weak or sleep deprived? Did she have a favourite? Kevin? Did Kevin though know that Kendall had lied? Was this the first time they met behind my back? I don't even want to know. But I have to know. How will I confront them on Monday? Will I pretend to not know? What will I do? Kyle, relax. Enjoy this night with Zoe.

We had arrived back to our neighbourhood and I stopped the car and we stayed talking a bit. It was time to say goodnight and I was unsure whether or not to make a move or not, so I decided to just not. Maybe it was too soon. "Kyle," she slowly exhaled.

"Yea?" I replied whilst staring at the steering wheel.

"Thank you," she opened the door but before exiting, she looked back at me and swiftly kissed me on the cheek. "I'm so glad we became friends." OUCH. That hurt. My ego took a hit. I had started to like her so imagine if I liked her MUCH longer. I'd be depressed. This feeling sucked. But that's when I realised something. Zoe reminded me so much of someone, more or less, she had the same physique as Kendall and also the same type of humour which frightened me a little bit. Oh no. Click click click. It finally clicked. It all made sense now. Kevin didn't like Zoe. He just thought it through. It would've been an easier way to express himself without us knowing who it was really about.

This whole time, he wasn't in love with Zoe, he was in love with Kendall. Did Kendall know now?

This was not good.