Chapter 5

My heart started pounding. I remember how my brain couldn't come up with a single logical sentence then. Would I say something stupid now? Kevin and Kendall, both confused, hurried behind me like small puppies and after making our way to the backyard, I stopped abruptly and was bumped into by them. I turned around, gave them a look and they then took a step back simultaneously like little toy soldiers.

"Explain to us what is going on," Kendall began.

"Oh, it's not me who has any explaining to do, miss" I continued.

"What are you even talking about? And have you been spending time with Zoe? That's disrespectful bro," Kevin stepped in.

"Hahah, it's pretty hilarious hearing you talk about respect in the first place," I said and paused, "bro."

"You approached someone I like and expect me to be okay with that? It's bros before hoes but look at you. You never had my back, did you? You'd prefer to screw up our friendship over a girl?" Kevin shouted.

"This conversation is actually hilarious. I am trying to figure out which part is funniest. You are about to screw up everything we have and you're still calling me the bad guy?! WHAT THE --- " I added until Kendall interrupted me and let out in a soft voice:

"Stop it, please" Kendall blushed to the point where her face looked like it was a tomato about to burst apart.

Kevin & I looked at her and noticed small teardrops streaming down her red face. Kevin quickly rushed right beside her and hugged her tightly but I was plain annoyed and remained right where I was.

"No need to be a drama queen, lil Kendall." I sighed.

Kevin quickly turned his head and glared at me. He let go of Kendall very slowly and approached me. His body came so close in contact with mine, I could basically feel him breathing on me. He then took his two arms and forcefully pushed me away causing me to nearly fall off and lose my balance. "You don't call Kendall a drama queen, you dick." This meant war.

I instantly balanced myself, walked vigorously towards him and took him by the neck. "Touch me one more time, you son of a bitch," I warned. Note that Kevin was about three inches taller than me but I didn't care. This past year, I told myself I would not let anyone treat me like a worthless piece of crap because I know I deserve some respect.

Kevin pushed me once again with twice the force compared to before and this infuriated me. It was time for me to get some shit done.

"STOP!" Kendall shouted and then broke down. "STOP IT! PLEASE!" She sat down on the ground and used her turtleneck as a tissue to try and get rid of most of the tears.

We both put our arms down. Kevin then sat down next to Kendall to comfort her and let her lean on his shoulder. I, however, am a heartless douche so I pulled my shirt down properly and walked off. I was not in the mood to even look at those peasants at the time. After having walked a couple of steps away, all I heard was Kendall letting out another sigh and saying: "He knows." That is all I needed to hear.

Heading back towards the cafeteria, I noticed Zoe's head popping out spying on what had happened outside. Instead of being mad, I laughed and thought to myself how adorable she is.

"Is everything okay?" Zoe asked as she blushed and pretended like she wasn't spying on us. I then answered:

"We'll see about that. For now, let's just get the hell out of here."