Chapter Eleven

"Morning!" Zayn smiled, kissing Liam's cheek as he got his books from his locker.

"Good morning." Liam smiled back shutting his locker.

"So like I have a question for you..." Zayn trails staring down at his shoes.

"And that question is..." Liam smirks, lifting Zayn's chin up.

"I will ask you later. The bell is going to be ringing soon." Zayn speaks fast, giving Liam a quick kiss before dashing to his class.

Liam's eyes followed Zayn as he walked away. He didn't understand his sudden mood change. He also didn't understand why Zayn would say he had a question to ask and then walk away before he could ask it. Liam slings his bag on his shoulder and walks to his first class of the day.

Liam takes his seat in his third period and sighs. His head started hurting midway through his first period. It's not too painful. More like a dull pain that is more annoying than anything.

He rubs his forehead. He really is trying to pay attention to his teacher but he can't. He ends up resting his head on the desk and keeps himself breathing evenly. When the class ends he stands slowly and walks to his locker. He sees Zayn standing, picking at his nails nervously. When Zayn finally looks up Liam attempts to give him a smile but it comes out as a grimace.

"Hey." Liam sighs out, dropping his bag on the floor.

"You alright?"

"Yeah. Just my head hurts a little." He shrugs and Zayn nods.

"Oh."

"So what did you want to ask me earlier?" Liam questions opening his locker.

"Oh it's nothing." Zayn lies.

Liam knows it's a lie. He doesn't need to read Zayn's mind to know it's a lie. He sighs and stares at Zayn waiting for the other boy to cave and ask him the question.

"Zayn you know you can ask me anything."

"Yeah, I know." He shrugs, butting his lip.

"So..."

"I will see you at lunch." Zayn rushes, cutting Liam off.

Zayn turns on the ball of his heel and walks away, just as quick as he did that morning. Liam stands by his locker just as confused as he was this morning at Zayn's odd behavior. Liam can't help but think how this is definitely not helping with his headache.

"Hey Liam." Louis smirks as Liam takes his usual seat at their lunch table.

"Louis..." Niall trails rolling his eyes, causing Liam to laugh.